Kneiphof Town Hall

Wikimedia Commons
Wikimedia Commons category: Kneiphöfisches Rathaus

Geographical coordinates: 54.70636 20.5086

Wikipedia

English Kneiphof Town Hall

The Kneiphof Town Hall (German: Kneiphöfisches Rathaus) was the town hall of insular Kneiphof, first an independent town and later a quarter of Königsberg, Germany. It served as Königsberg's city hall from 1724 to 1927, after which it became a museum until its destruction in 1944.

The town hall, or Rathaus, was located along Brodbänkenstraße. First documented in 1374, it was renovated in 1387. Political and religious disputes between the Prussian estates and ducal Prussian officials during the 1560s led to involvement by King Sigismund II Augustus of Poland, sovereign of the Duchy of Prussia. On 28 October 1566 Albert I, Duke of Prussia, had the councilors Johann Funck, Matthias Horst, and Hans Schnell beheaded at the town hall's marketplace, with Johann Steinbach and Paul Skalich fleeing the country.

From 1695 to 1697 the town hall received a Baroque restyling with pilasters, bell tower, roof sculptures, and a gilded staircase with a pair of shield-holding bear statues. With the unification of Kneiphof, Altstadt, and Löbenicht into Königsberg in 1724, the Kneiphof Town Hall was chosen as the city hall. In 1838 the building was expanded to the east with three windows. The magister's hall was decorated with a stucco roof by an unknown master. The city council met in the Junkersaal wing. Before the building was a monument of Hans von Sagan.

In 1927 the city administration moved to the Stadthaus in northern Königsberg, with a few departments remaining in Kneiphof. In the same year the painter Eduard Anderson advocated for the creation of the Königsberg City Museum within the town hall, which opened in 1928.

The Kneiphof Town Hall was destroyed in August 1944 during the Bombing of Königsberg in World War II.

Source: Kneiphof Town Hall

French Hôtel de ville de Kneiphof

L'hôtel de ville de Kneiphof (en allemand : Kneiphöfisches Rathaus ) était l'hôtel de ville de Kneiphof, d'abord une ville indépendante et plus tard un quartier de Königsberg, en Allemagne. Il a servi d'hôtel de ville de Königsberg de 1724 à 1927, après quoi il est devenu un musée jusqu'à sa destruction en 1944.

La mairie, ou Rathaus, était située le long de la Brodbänkenstraße. Il est mentionné pour la première fois en 1374, il a été rénové en 1387. Les conflits politiques et religieux entre les différents états de Prusse et les fonctionnaires du duché de Prusse au cours des années 1560 ont conduit à l'implication du roi Sigismond II Auguste de Pologne, souverain du duché de Prusse. Le 28 octobre 1566, Albert Ier, duc de Prusse, fait décapiter les conseillers Johann Funck, Matthias Horst et Hans Schnell au marché de la mairie, Johann Steinbach et Paul Skalich fuyant le pays.

De 1695 à 1697, la mairie a été remaniée avec un style baroque, avec des pilastres, un clocher, des sculptures sur le toit et un escalier doré avec une paire de statues d'ours tenant un bouclier. Avec l'unification de Kneiphof, Altstadt et Löbenicht qui a constitué Königsberg en 1724, la mairie de Kneiphof fut choisie comme hôtel de ville. En 1838, le bâtiment a été agrandi à l'est avec trois fenêtres. La salle du magister était décorée d'un toit en stuc par un maître inconnu. Le conseil municipal s'est réuni dans l'aile Junkersaal. Avant le bâtiment était un monument de Hans von Sagan .

En 1927, l'administration de la ville a déménagé dans le Stadthaus dans le nord de Königsberg, avec quelques départements restant à Kneiphof. La même année, le peintre Eduard Anderson plaide pour la création du musée de la ville de Königsberg au sein de la mairie, inaugurée en 1928.

L'hôtel de ville de Kneiphof a été détruit en août 1944 lors du bombardement de Königsberg pendant la Seconde Guerre mondiale.

Source: Hôtel de ville de Kneiphof

Russian Кнайпхофская ратуша

Кнайпхо́фская ратуша (нем. Kneiphöfisches Rathaus) — ратуша Кнайпхофа, одно из старинных утраченных зданий Кёнигсберга.

Source: Кнайпхофская ратуша

de Kneiphöfisches Rathausfr hôtel de ville de Kneiphofru Ратуша - Бродбэнкенштрассе 11/12 Кнайпхоф, Кёнигсберг
Wikidata Updated: Fri Jul 23 2021 08:08:19