Kiev Pechersk Lavra

Києво-Печерська лавра

File:Києво-Печерська лавра, вид з мосту Патона.jpg

historic orthodox christian monastery in Kyiv

Wikimedia Commons
Wikimedia Commons category: Kiev Pechersk Lavra

Geographical coordinates: 50.432222222 30.562222222

Wikipedia

English Kiev Pechersk Lavra

Kiev Pechersk Lavra, Kyiv Pechersk Lavra or Kyivo-Pechers’ka Lavra (Ukrainian: Києво-Печерська лавра: Kyievo-Pechers'ka lavra; Russian: Киeво-Печерская лавра: Kyievo-Pecherska lavra), also known as the Kiev Monastery of the Caves, is a historic Orthodox Christian monastery which gave its name to one of the city districts where it is located in Kiev.

Since its foundation as the cave monastery in 1051 the Lavra has been a preeminent center of Eastern Orthodox Christianity in Eastern Europe. Together with the Saint Sophia Cathedral, it is inscribed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The monastery complex is considered a separate national historic-cultural preserve (sanctuary), the national status to which was granted on 13 March 1996. The Lavra is not only located in another part of the city, but is part of a different national sanctuary than Saint Sophia Cathedral. While being a cultural attraction, the monastery is once again active, with over 100 monks in residence. It was named one of the Seven Wonders of Ukraine on 21 August 2007, based on voting by experts and the internet community.Currently, the jurisdiction over the site is divided between the state museum, National Kyiv-Pechersk Historic-Cultural Preserve, and the Ukrainian Orthodox Church (Moscow Patriarchate) as the site of the chief monastery of that Church and the residence of its leader, Metropolitan Onuphrius.

Source: Kiev Pechersk Lavra

German Kiewer Höhlenkloster

Das Kiewer Höhlenkloster (ukrainisch Києво-Печерська лавра; russisch Киево-Печерская лавра; deutsch Heiliges Mariä-Himmelfahrt-Kloster) liegt am hügelig aufragenden Westufer des Dnepr südlich des heutigen Stadtzentrums von Kiew. Der große von Mauern umgebene Klosterkomplex teilt sich in zwei Bereiche: die obere und die untere Lawra. Beide Teile umfassen eine Vielzahl von kulturell bedeutenden Kirchen, Klöstern und Museen sowie Mönchshöhlen im unteren Lawra, die den historischen Kern der Anlage bilden.

Source: Kiewer Höhlenkloster

Polish Ławra Peczerska

Ławra Peczerska (ukr. Києво-Печерська лавра) – prawosławny klasztor w Kijowie, siedziba zwierzchnika Ukraińskiego Kościoła Prawosławnego Patriarchatu Moskiewskiego.

Source: Ławra Peczerska

Russian Киево-Печерская лавра

Свя́то-Успе́нская Ки́ево-Пече́рская ла́вра (укр. Свято-Успенська Києво-Печерська лавра) — один из первых по времени основания монастырей Киевской Руси. Одна из важнейших православных святынь, третий Удел Богородицы.

Печерский монастырь был основан в 1051 году при Ярославе Мудром монахом Антонием, родом из Любеча, и его учеником Феодосием. Князь Святослав II Ярославич подарил монастырю плато над пещерами (откуда, собственно, и произошло название монастыря), где позже выросли прекрасные каменные храмы, украшенные живописью, кельи, крепостные башни и другие строения. С монастырём связаны имена летописца Нестора (автора «Повести временных лет») и художника Алипия. С 1592 по 1688 год был ставропигией патриарха Константинопольского. За этот период Печерский монастырь был одним из важнейших духовных оплотов сопротивления унии, а также очагом формирования малороссийской идентичности. В 1688 году монастырь получил статус лавры и стал «ставропигионом царским и патриаршим Московским»; в 1786 году лавра была подчинена киевскому митрополиту, который стал её священноархимандритом.

В Ближних и Дальних пещерах лавры покоятся мощи православных святых, в лавре есть и захоронения мирян (например, могила Петра Столыпина).

В настоящее время Нижняя лавра находится в ведении Украинской православной церкви (Московского патриархата), а Верхняя лавра — в ведении Киево-Печерского историко-культурного заповедника.

Source: Киево-Печерская лавра

Ukrainian Києво-Печерська лавра

Ки́єво-Пече́рська ла́вра — православний монастирський комплекс Української Православної Церкви (Московського патріархату) в Києві, Україна. Один із найбільших християнських центрів-святинь країни. Визначна пам'ятка історії та архітектури.

Києво-Печерська лавра належить державі, а релігійні організації користуються нею на правах оренди.Заснований 1051 року як печерний монастир за межами Києва.

Свою назву отримав від печер, де оселилися перші його мешканці.

У середньовіччі був оплотом грецького православ'я на Русі, центром опозиції світській владі (руським та литовським князям) та вестернізації. 1592 року отримав ставропігію Константинопольського патріарха. 1688 року став лаврою. У ранньому новому часі перетворився на центр паломництва православних з усієї Російської імперії.

1994 року разом із Софійським собором внесений до переліку Світової спадщини ЮНЕСКО.

На території Верхньої лаври діє Національний Києво-Печерський історико-культурний заповідник (від 1996). Власне монастир знаходиться на території Нижньої лаври. Обидві частини лаври відкриті для відвідувачів. Пам'ятка перебуває під юрисдикцією Національного заповідника.

13 квітня 2020 року лавру тимчасово закрили на карантин, через поширення коронавірусу серед монахів та священнослужителів.

Source: Києво-Печерська лавра

cs Kyjevskopečerská lávra

Kyjevskopečerská lávra (ukrajinsky Києво-Печерська лавра, rusky Киево-Печерская лавра) je pravoslavný klášterní komplex v ukrajinském Kyjevě, založený roku 1051 poustevníky Feodosijem a Antonijem Pečerským. Komplex je zapsán na seznamu Světového dědictví UNESCO.

Source: Kyjevskopečerská lávra

Spanish Monasterio de las Cuevas de Kiev

El Monasterio de las Cuevas (en ucraniano, Печерська Лавра, Pecherska Lavra) es un monasterio cristiano ortodoxo en Kiev (Ucrania). El inicio de su existencia se data en 1051 durante el reinado de Yaroslav el Sabio. Es el monasterio más antiguo de Ucrania y uno de los lugares santos de la religión ortodoxa oriental. En 1990 fue declarado Patrimonio de la Humanidad por la Unesco, junto con la Catedral de Santa Sofía.

Se encuentra sobre la calle Levantamiento de Enero (Ciчнeвoгo Пoвcтaння, Sichnévogo Povstaña) en un área de colinas boscosas, cerca de la orilla occidental del río Dniéper. El recinto tiene una superficie de 28 ha y está rodeado por murallas. Se divide en dos zonas: la baja y la alta. Ambas albergan varios edificios de importancia religioso-cultural: iglesias, monasterios, museos, así como las antiguas cuevas de los monjes que conforman el núcleo histórico del complejo.

Source: Monasterio de las Cuevas de Kiev

French Laure des Grottes de Kiev

La laure des Grottes de Kiev ou Laure de Kyiv-Petchersk (en ukrainien : Києво-Печерська лавра, en russe : Киево-Печерская лавра, Kievo-Petcherskaïa lavra) est un important monastère ukrainien orthodoxe (laure) situé dans la ville de Kiev.

Elle est le lieu de résidence du primat de l'Église orthodoxe ukrainienne rattachée Patriarcat de Moscou.

Source: Laure des Grottes de Kiev

Italian Monastero delle Grotte di Kiev

Il monastero delle grotte di Kiev (in ucraino: Києво-Печерська лавра? in russo: Киево-Печерская лавра?, traslitterato: Kievo-Pečerskaja lavra), è un antico monastero, fondato nel 1051 dai monaci Antonio e Teodosio, sito sul monte Berestov non lontano dalla capitale ucraina. Diventato un luogo di culto sempre più importante nel medioevo, ospita la residenza del Metropolita di Kiev, la guida spirituale della Chiesa ortodossa ucraina.

Source: Monastero delle Grotte di Kiev

Japanese キエフ・ペチェールシク大修道院

キエフ・ペチェールシク大修道院(ウクライナ語:Києво-Печерська лавра;意訳:「キエフ洞窟大修道院」)はウクライナの首都、キエフのペチェールシク地区に位置するキリスト教正教会の大修道院である。

Source: キエフ・ペチェールシク大修道院

pt Mosteiro de Kiev-Petchersk

O Mosteiro de Quieve-Petchersk (em ucraniano, Печерська лавра, Pecherska Lavra) é um mosteiro cristão ortodoxo em Quieve (Ucrânia). O início de sua existência se data em 1051 durante o reinado de Jaroslau I, o Sábio. É o mosteiro mais antigo da Ucrânia e um dos lugares santos da religião ortodoxa oriental. Em 1990 foi declarado Patrimônio da Humanidade pela UNESCO, junto com a Catedral de Santa Sofia de Quieve. Em 2007 foi eleito uma das Sete Maravilhas da Ucrânia.

Encontra-se sobre a Rua Levantamento de Janeiro (Ciчнeвoгo Пoвcтaння, Sichnévogo Povstaña) em uma área de colinas boscosas, próxima da margem ocidental do rio Dnieper. O recinto tem uma superfície de 28 ha e está rodeado por muralhas. Divide-se em duas zonas: a baixa e a alta. Ambas abrigam vários edifícios de importância religiosa-cultural: igrejas, mosteiros, museus, assim como as antigas covas dos monges que formam o núcleo histórico do complexo.

Source: Mosteiro de Kiev-Petchersk

zh 基輔洞窟修道院

基輔洞窟修道院(烏克蘭語:Києво-Печерська лавра),又音译为佩乔尔斯克修道院,是位於烏克蘭首都基輔的一座修道院。修道院修建於1051年,當時烏克蘭處於基輔大公國時代。自中世紀至近代,修道院都對烏克蘭的宗教、教育和學術有巨大的影響。在1990年,洞窟修道院和聖索菲亞大教堂一併列入世界文化遺產。

目前,该修道院的管辖权属于乌克兰国家博物馆、国家基辅洞窟历史文化保护协会以及俄统乌克兰正教会。基辅及全乌克兰都主教欧诺菲力的住所也在修道院中。

Source: 基輔洞窟修道院

Wikivoyage

English Kiev Pechersk Lavra (Cave Monastery--Печерська лавра)

One of the oldest and most important monasteries in Ukraine and in the territory of the former Soviet Union. Only the most important monasteries were designated as Lavras; there were only four, of which this Cave Monastery is the oldest. It was founded in 1077 by St Antoniy. The caves were dug out by priests who lived there as hermits. Nowadays, the caves are venerated by the faithful and tourists who visit the mummified monks, and pilgrims are still allowed access to the underground church there. There are two parts to the modern complex: the upper lavra, owned by the state and consisting of a number of museums (entry fee); and the lower lavra, owned by the Orthodox Church (Moscow Patriarch) and consisting of the caves (you'll need 1 грн to buy a candle to enter). Do not miss the display of micro-miniatures in the Upper Lavra. It sounds lame, but it is fascinating. You can enter the caves in the lower part if you dress correctly (women must cover their hair and wear skirts, no shorts. Expensive scarves are for sale there). Women can only just get away with pants in the winter. Start at the Lower Lavra, visiting the caves before the crowds descend for the day. There are two cave complexes, each housing the mummified remains of monks, as well as religious icons and other relics. Both caves are accessed through churches, with the entrance to the shorter caves at the end of a boardwalk. While it is free to enter the caves, you must purchase a taper candle in order to light your way. The caves are not recommended for the claustrophobic or overly tall. Once you're in there, it's hard, even impossible to turn around and go back out - you have to keep going.

Address Lavrska street, 9
Price Without visiting expositions: 3 грн; including visiting exhibitions and guided tour: Adult 50 грн, pupil or student 25 грн

Russian Киево-Печерская лавра

Один из первых по времени основания монастырей на Руси. Основан в 1051 году при Ярославе Мудром монахом Антонием, родом из Любеча. Внесён в список Всемирного наследия ЮНЕСКО. Храмы и сооружения на территории Лавры: Надвратный (над святыми вратами лавры) храм во имя Живоначальной Троицы — древнейший из сохранившихся; Аннозачатиевская церковь; Большая Лаврская колокольня; Колокольня на Ближних пещерах; Колокольня на Дальних пещерах; Крестовоздвиженская церковь; Собор Успения Пресвятой Богородицы; Трапезная церковь преподобных Антония и Феодосия; Троицкая надвратная церковь (Святые врата); Церковь «Всех преподобных отцов печерских»; Церковь «Живоносный источник»; Церковь Всех Святых; Церковь и бывшие больничные покои Никольского монастыря; Церковь Рождества Пресвятой Богородицы; Церковь Спаса на Берестове; Церковь Христова Воскресения. На территории Лавры также находятся: Башня Ивана Кущника; Братские корпуса; Бывшие келии соборных старцев; Бывший дом наместника Лавры; Бывший экономический корпус; Галерея, ведущая к Ближним пещерам; Галерея, ведущая к Дальним пещерам; Дебоскетовская (опорная) стена; Западные экономические ворота; Здание бывших митрополичьих покоев; Киевские Духовная Семинария и Академия; Киевское областное училище культуры; Ковнировский корпус (здание бывшей пекарни и книжного магазина); Колодец преподобного Антония; Колодец преподобного Феодосия; Корпус бывшей типографии; Крепостные стены; Малярная башня; Митрополия; Онуфриевская башня; Памятник Нестору Летописцу; Часовая башня; Часовня; Южные ворота

Address ул. Лаврская, 15
Typesee
Last Edit2017-09-13

Italian Monastero delle grotte (Pechersk Lavra / Печерська лавра)

Secondo tradizione il complesso monastico fu fondato da un monaco greco di nome Antonio e proveniente dal monastero "Esfygmenos" del Monte Athos. Il monaco scelse di risiedere in una grotta del monte Berestov che si interpone tra la città e il fiume Dnieper e presto si formò attorno a lui un nutrito gruppo di discepoli. Il principe Iziaslav I fece dono alla comunità di monaci detti Antoniti dal suo fondatore, i terreni sulla collina. Grazie a questa come ad altre donazioni poté essere fondato il primo nucleo del monastero. Nel corso dei secoli il complesso monastico si arricchì di ulteriori costruzioni. Oggi si ammira soprattutto la Torre campanaria del Grande Monastero, uno dei simboli di Kiev. Il complesso è stato inserito nella lista UNESCO dei Patrimoni Mondiali dell'Umanità

Address Lavrska, 9
Directions Scendere alla stazione metro "Arsenal'na". Se non volete camminare, una volta usciti dalla stazione potete prendere un filobus e scendere dopo due fermate
Hours Inverno 09:00-18.00, estate 08:00-19:00

Places located in Kiev Pechersk Lavra

Great Lavra Bell Tower

The Great Lavra Bell Tower or the Great Belfry (Ukrainian: Велика Лаврська дзвіниця, Russian: Большая Лаврская колокольня) is the main bell tower of the ancient cave monastery of Kiev Pechersk Lavra in Kiev, the capital of Ukraine. It is one of the most notable buildings of the Kiev skyline (see picture).

The bell tower was the highest free-standing bell tower at the time of its construction in 1731–1745. It was designed by the architect Johann Gottfried Schädel. Its total height, with the Christian cross, is 96.5 metres (316 feet).

The Great Lavra Bell Tower is a Classical style construction with a total of four tiers, surmounted by a gilded dome. The diameter of the tower's lowest tier at its base is 28.8 metres (94 feet), and the thickness of the first tier walls is 8 metres (26 feet). The tower's foundation exceeds 7 metres (22 feet). The tower is decorated with many architectural columns: the second tier is decorated with 32 Dorian columns, the third tier is decorated with 16 Ionic columns, and the fourth with 8 Corinthian columns.On the third tier, there were some hanging bells, but they were later removed. To this day, only three small 18th-century bells have been preserved: the Balyk, Voznesenskyi, and Bezymiannyi bells. The former main bell of the Great Lavra Bell Tower, the Uspenskyi, had a total weight of one ton and was cast in 1732 by Ivan Motorin, who was also responsible for the Moscow Kremlin Tsar Bell. There is also a viewing platform atop the third tier, which provides visitors with a bird's-eye view of the region around Kiev.

On the fourth tier there is a chiming clock, manufactured in 1903, which has a total weight of 4.5 tons. The current bell tower's clock, designed by the Moscow master A. Enodin and based on the Kremlin clock, replaced the older 18th-century clock of the master A. Levynskyi. The clock has stopped only once during its existence: it happened in September 1941 when the Dormition Cathedral of the Pechersk Lavra was blown up by army forces during the Second World War.

The clock was repaired following the destruction of the nearby cathedral, which took a total of six years to complete. Since that time, the clock has never needed any repairs. The clock's mechanism is very accurate; up to within 10 seconds. However, it has been observed that its accuracy depends on the time of the year: in the Winter, the clock works somewhat slower than in the Summertime. The clock's mechanism has to be rewound once a week, and the clock's bells chime every quarter of the hour.

Museum of Ukrainian folk art

The National Folk Decorative Art Museum (Ukrainian: Національний Музей українського народного декоративного мистецтва) is a museum dedicated to Ukrainian Folk decorative art in Kiev, Ukraine.

The National Folk Decorative Art Museum is one of the largest art museums in Ukraine. It is located on the grounds of the Kiev Pechersk Lavra and is housed in the former Metropolitan's residence and the adjacent Annunciation

The museum collection was established in 1899 as part of the collection of the newly founded City Antiquity and Art Museum, which was renamed in 1904 the "Kyiv Art, Industry and Science Museum".

Now the reserves and displays of the museum contain over 75,000 artifacts of Ukrainian traditional folk and professional decorative art dating from 15th century to present days. Many of them are household and domestic articles varied in material, shape, decoration, and purpose which talented craftsmen had turned into highly artistic items inhering the wealth of regional specificities. Art works created by professional artisans demonstrate implementation of established folk traditions in their creative concepts.

The museum permanent exhibition which totals some 1,500 sq. m. represents all types of Ukrainian folk art: carpet weaving, weaving, print, embroidery, ceramics, wood carving and painting, artistic leather work, horn and metal work, glassware, porcelain, Easter egg painting ("pysankarstvo"), folk painting and iconography.

The pride of the Museum is its extensive collection of Ukrainian folk costumes of the 19th — first half of the 20th century representing all regions of Ukraine, in which are synthesized folk arts of style, sewing, weaving, embroidery, applique, print, wicker-work, artistic leather work and metalwork. Also deserving mention are the collection of traditional trappings: “duckachs” (necklaces with coins as lockets), coral and Venetian glass beads, beadwork.

Especially valuable objects, both from the historical and artistic viewpoints, are wooden carved silver-mounted cross of 1576, clay glazed tiles of 15th — 18th centuries, Cossack tobacco-pipes and powder flasks of 18th — 19th centuries, silk woven sashes of 18th century, embroidered in gold and silver, 18th-century vestments , "guta" (a traditional glass workshop in the 16th — 19th centuries) glassware of 16th — 18th centuries, production of leading Ukrainian porcelain and faience enterprises of 18th — 19th centuries: Kyevo-Mezhighirskaya faience factory and Volokitinsky porcelain works.

The Museum possesses Ukraine's largest collection of works by Maria Prymachenko (1909–1997), which includes more than 500 paintings.

A special showroom accommodates the canvases by Kateryna Bilokur (1900–1961). They are deservedly considered the masterpieces of the Museum's collection and belong to riches of world art.

Numerous temporary exhibitions feature works by contemporary artisans as well as the exhibits stored in the Museum's repositories.

Refectory Church

The Refectory Church (Ukrainian: Трапезна церква, Trapezna tserkva; Russian: Трапезная церковь, Trapeznaya tserkov) is a refectory and an adjoining church of Saint Anthony and Theodosius of the medieval cave monastery of Kiev Pechersk Lavra in Kiev, the capital of Ukraine. In the refectory, the Lavra monks had their meals. The building was constructed in 1893-1895 at a time when more than a thousand monks were living within the monastery.The sturdy dome of the church incorporates some aspects of ancient Byzantium. The interior decoration of the building was designed by Aleksey Shchusev. The marble icons are in the Neo-Russian style. The paintings in both the refectory and the church, painted in the beginning of the 20th century by Ivan Yizhakevych, G. Popov, among many others, contain a Modernist influence. In the rear of the refectory is viewing area, providing visitors with a panorama of the Near and Far Caverns, the Dnieper River, and the left-bank of the city.

In 1911 following the assassination of Pyotr Stolypin, the Russian politician's funeral service was held in the Refectory church and his grave is located in the Lavra.

Near Caves

The Near Caves or the Caves of Saint Anthony(Ukrainian: Ближні печери, Blyzhni pechery; Russian: Ближние пещеры, Blizhnie peschery) are historic caves and a network of tunnels of the medieval cave monastery of Kyiv Pechersk Lavra in Kyiv, the capital of Ukraine. The Near Caves have a total length of 383 metres and are 5 to 20 metres deep (see map).The Near Caves were founded when in 1057, Saint Varlaam was appointed as the first hegumen (abbot) of the Kyiv Pechersk Lavra by Saint Anthony. Monk Anthony withdrew himself from the monastery and later settled on a new hill, where he dug out a new underground cell, now called the Near Caves.

Gate Church of the Trinity

The Gate Church of the Trinity (Ukrainian: Троїцька Надбрамна церква, romanized: Troits’ka Nadbramna tserkva; Russian: Троицкая Надвратная церковь, romanized: Troitskaya Nadvratnaya tserkov’) is a historic church of the ancient cave monastery of Kiev Pechersk Lavra in Kiev, the capital of Ukraine. Originally being built as a Kievan Rus' style church, the Gate Church of the Trinity is now decorated in the Ukrainian Baroque style, having been reconstructed many times through its history.

Loading...
af Kiëfse Petsjersk-lawraaz Kiyev-Peçora lavrasıba Киев-Печёра лавраһыbe Кіева-Пячэрская лаўраbg Киевско-Печорска лавраca Conjunt monàstic de Kíevo-Petxerskcs Kyjevskopečerská lávracv Киев-Печерă лаврĕde Kiewer Höhlenklosterel Λαύρα των σπηλαίων του Κιέβουeo Monaĥejo de la Grotoj de Kievoes Monasterio de las Cuevas de Kievet Kiievi koobaskloostereu Kievo-Petxerska Lavrafa پچرسک لاورا کییفfi Kiovan luolaluostarifr Laure des Grottes de Kievfy Kiëvske Petsjersk-lavrahe לאוורת קייב-פצ'רסקhr Kijevo-pečerska lavrahu Pecserszka Lavrahy Կիևա-Պեչորյան մայրավանքid Kyiv Pechersk Lavrait Monastero delle grotte di Kievja キエフ・ペチェールシク大修道院ka კიევ-პეჩერსკის ლავრაko 키예프 페체르스크 수도원ky Киев-Печёра лаврасыlt Kijevo Pečersko Lavralv Kijevas Pečeru klosterismk Киево-печерска лавраnb Grotteklosteretnl Holenklooster van Kievpl Ławra Pieczerskapt Monastério de Kiev-Petcherskro Lavra Peșterilor din Kievru Киево-Печерская лавраsh Kijevo-pečerska lavrask Kyjevsko-pečerská lavrasr Кијевско-печерска лавраsv Petjerskaklostrettr Kiev-Pechersk Manastırıtt Киев-Печер кәшишханәсеuk Києво-Печерська лавраzh 基輔洞窟修道院sr-ec Кијевско-печерска лавраsr-el Kijevsko-pečerska lavrabe-tarask Кіева-Пячэрская ляўра
Photos:
Image from Wikimedia Commons under CC BY-SA 4.0 by Роман Наумов