Church of Transfiguration

File:Church of Transfiguration, Lviv.jpg

church building in Lviv, Ukraine

Wikimedia Commons
Wikimedia Commons category: Church of the Transfiguration, Lviv

Geographical coordinates: 49.84361111 24.02944444

Wikipedia

English Church of Transfiguration, Lviv

The Church of the Transfiguration (Ukrainian: Преображенська церква, Preobrazhenska tserkva, or more formally Церква Преображення Господа Нашого Ісуса Христа, Tserkva preobrazhennia Hospoda Nashoho Isusa Khrysta) in Lviv, Ukraine is located in the city's Old Town, just north of the market square.

It was originally built as the Roman Catholic church of the Holy Trinity of the Trinitarian Order, between 1703 and 1731, in the style of French classicism but with a Baroque interior. In 1783, the monastery was abolished by the Holy Roman Emperor Joseph II and the church was used as a library of the Lviv University, until it was destroyed by Austrian artillery during the Spring of Nations in 1848.

The ruins of the church were rebuilt by the Greek Catholic Church, and most of the original design was kept. However, an apse was added to the short presbytery and domes that now dominate the facade were built on the churches towers. The interior underwent much deeper changes to adapt it the need of Eastern Rite liturgy.

The church was reconsecrated on 29 April 1906, as the Greek Catholic church of the Transfiguration of Our Lord Jesus Christ, by the Ukrainian Metropolitan of Lviv Andrey Sheptytsky, Bishop of Peremyshl Constantine (Chekhovych) and Bishop of Stanyslaviv Blessed Hryhory Khomyshyn. In the first half of the 20th century, the parish became one of the main cultural centres of the Ukrainian national movement. On 29 October 1989 this was the first parish to be restored with the imminent collapse of the Soviet Union.

Source: Church of Transfiguration, Lviv

Polish Cerkiew Przemienienia Pańskiego we Lwowie

Cerkiew Przemienienia Pańskiego we Lwowie (ukr. Церква Преображення Господа Нашого Ісуса Христа lub w skrócie: Преображенська церква) – świątynia położona przy ul. Krakowskiej 21 (ukr. Krakiwska) na Starym Mieście, na północ od rynku.

Cerkiew została budowana na ruinach rzymskokatolickiego kościoła pw. Trójcy Przenajświętszej oo. trynitarzy, który spłonął w wyniku bombardowania miasta przez Austriaków w czasie Wiosny Ludów w 1848.

Source: Cerkiew Przemienienia Pańskiego we Lwowie

Russian Преображенская церковь (Львов)

Храм Преображения Господнего (бывший Тринитарский костёл) — памятник архитектуры во Львове (Украина). Находится в центре Львова, на улице Краковской, 21.

Source: Преображенская церковь (Львов)

Ukrainian Преображенська церква (Львів)

Церква Преображення Господа Нашого Ісуса Христа (скорочена назва: Преображенська церква) у Львові, Україна. Розміщена в Середмісті — центральній частині міста Львова, за адресою: вул. Краківська № 21, у Галицькому районі міста.

Source: Преображенська церква (Львів)

Chenese 主顯聖容教堂 (利沃夫)

主顯聖容教堂(烏克蘭語:Преображенська церква)是烏克蘭城市利沃夫的一座教堂,位於利沃夫舊城市場廣場的北側。這座教堂最初是一座羅馬天主教教堂,修建於1703年至1731年。1783年,這座教堂被神聖羅馬帝國皇帝約瑟夫二世廢除,改為利沃夫大學的圖書館。1848年,教堂被奧地利砲兵摧毀。此後教堂廢墟由烏克蘭希臘禮天主教會重建。在20世紀前期,教堂是烏克蘭民族運動主要文化中心之一。1989年10月29日,主顯聖容教堂成為蘇聯解體過程中第一個得到恢復的教堂。

Source: 主顯聖容教堂 (利沃夫)

Wikivoyage

English Church of the Transfiguration of the Lord (Tserkva Preobrazhennia Hospoda Nashoho Isusa Khrysta, Церковь Преображения Господа Нашего Иисуса Христа)

On the site of the former church of the Holy Trinity which was part of The Trinitarian fathers monastery (1703). In 1783, the monastery was closed. Inside the church is a library and assembly hall. Burned out. The Church of Transfiguration was consecrated on 29 April 1906.

Address Krakivs'ka str, 21

Italian Chiesa della Transigurazione (Tserkva Preobrazhennia Hospoda Nashoho Isusa Khrysta)

Il tempio fu eretto tra il 1703 e il 1731 come chiesa cattolica romana della SS. Trinità in forme barocche. Nel 1783 il monastero fu chiuso per decreto dell'Imperatore del Sacro Romano Impero Giuseppe II e la chiesa utilizzata come biblioteca dell'Università. Fu distrutta dal fuoco dell'artiglieria austriaca durante i moti della primavera del 1848.

:Fu ricostruita secondo il progetto originale a spese della comunità greco-cattolica e riconsacrata il 29 aprile 1906 come chiesa greco-cattolica della Trasfigurazione di Nostro Signore Gesù Cristo. L'interno subì modificazioni più vistose per essere adattato alla liturgia di rito orientale.

:Nella prima metà del 20 ° secolo, la chiesa divenne un centro dell'indipendentismo ucraino e fu la prima delle chiese di Leopoli ad essere restaurata dopo il crollo dell'Unione Sovietica del 1989.

Address Krakivs'ka 21

Russian Преображенская церковь

Бывший католический костёл тринитариев, построенный в 1703-1731 годах и разрушенный австрийской артиллерией во время революции 1848 года. На руинах в 1878—1898 годах была построена греко-католическая церковь, с сохранением изначальной архитектуры здания.

Address ул. Краковская, 21
Typesee
Last Edit2015-06-10
be Праабражэнская царква (Львоў)nl Transfiguratiekerkpl Cerkiew Przemienienia Pańskiego we Lwowieru Преображенская церковьuk Преображенська церкваzh 主顯聖容教堂 (利沃夫)
Image source:
Wikimedia Commons CC BY 3.0 by Aeou