Haverstock Hill railway station
English Haverstock Hill railway station
Haverstock Hill railway station was opened by the Midland Railway on 13 July 1868 when it built its extension to St Pancras station. It lay between Belsize Tunnel and Lismore Circus, and served Haverstock Hill, Belsize Park and Gospel Oak, London.
For a short period between 1878 and 1880, the Midland Railway operated the Super Outer Circle service through the station from St. Pancras to Earl's Court Underground station via tracks through Cricklewood, then using the Dudding Hill Line to South Acton and Hammersmith.The station was closed on 1 January 1916 as a wartime economy measure, and was not re-opened. The station buildings, which were on the west side of Lismore Circus, remained until the late 1960s when they were demolished. Some remnants of the platforms remain beside the track.
Source: Haverstock Hill railway station