Tusculum, Potts Point

Geographical coordinates: -33.8711 151.2245

Wikipedia

English Tusculum, Potts Point

Tusculum is a heritage-listed former residence and now offices at 1-3 Manning Street in the inner city Sydney suburb of Potts Point in the City of Sydney local government area of New South Wales, Australia. It was built from 1831 to 1837 to the design of John Verge for successful businessman Alexander Brodie Spark. It was then let to influential cleric William Broughton, the first and only Anglican Bishop of Australia and later inaugural Bishop of Sydney, from 1836 to 1851. It is owned today by the Historic Houses Trust of New South Wales. It was added to the New South Wales State Heritage Register on 2 April 1999.

Source: Tusculum, Potts Point