wharf in Woolloomooloo Bay, Sydney, Australia
Wikimedia Commons category: Finger Wharf
English Finger Wharf
The Finger Wharf is a heritage-listed former wharf and passenger terminal and now marina, residential apartments, hotel and restaurant located at 6 Cowper Wharf Road, in the inner city Sydney suburb of Woolloomooloo in the City of Sydney local government area of New South Wales, Australia. It was designed by Henry D. Walsh and built from 1910 to 1916 by the Sydney Harbour Trust. It is also known as Woolloomooloo Finger Wharf and Woolloomooloo Wharf. The property is owned by NSW Maritime, an agency of the Government of New South Wales. It was added to the New South Wales State Heritage Register on 18 April 2000. The structure is the longest timbered-piled wharf in the world.During its working life for around 70 years, it mainly handled the export of wool, but also acted as a staging point for troop deployment to the World Wars as well as a disembarking point for new migrants arriving in Australia. Today it has been redeveloped as a fashionable complex housing a hotel, restaurants and residential apartments.
Source: Finger Wharf
Russian Пристань залива Вуллумулу
Пристань залива Вуллумулу (англ. Finger Wharf or Woolloomooloo Wharf) — находится в бухте залива Вуллумулу Сиднея. На сегодняшний день это строение, длиной 410 метров, является одной из самых длинных в мире постройкой на деревянных сваях. Здесь находятся рестораны, фешенебельные магазины, апартаменты знаменитостей, а также роскошный бутик-отель «Blue Sydney».
Source: Пристань залива Вуллумулу