Taylor Institution

File:The Taylor Institute from behind the Martyrs' Memorial, in Oxford, England.jpg

Oxford University library

Wikimedia Commons
Wikimedia Commons category: Taylor Institution, Oxford

Geographical coordinates: 51.7554 -1.26

Wikipedia

English Taylor Institution

The Taylor Institution (commonly known as the Taylorian) is the Oxford University library dedicated to the study of the European Languages. Its building also includes lecture rooms used by the Faculty of Medieval and Modern Languages, University of Oxford. Since 1889 a prestigious Annual Lecture on a subject of Foreign Literature has been given at the Taylorian Institution.

Source: Taylor Institution

German Taylor Institution

Die Taylor Institution (auch bekannt unter Taylorian) ist die Bibliothek der Universität Oxford, die dem Studium europäischer Sprachen gewidmet ist. In dem Gebäude finden sich auch Vorlesungsräume, die von der Fakultät für Mittelalterliche und Moderne Sprachen der Universität Oxford benutzt werden. Die Taylor Institution wurde 1845 gegründet, hauptsächlich durch einen Nachlass aus dem Vermögen des angesehenen Architekten Sir Robert Taylor (1714–1788). Moderne europäische Sprachen wurden erst 1903 als Studienfach angeboten. Da die Bodleian nicht genügend Platz hatte, wurde die Taylorian zuerst als Magazin verwendet.

Source: Taylor Institution

French Institution Taylor

L’Institution Taylor (en anglais : Taylor Institution, dite Taylorian) est la bibliothèque de l’université d'Oxford consacrée aux langues européennes riche de près de 500 000 volumes. Fondée en 1845 à la suite d'un legs de la succession de l'architecte Robert Taylor (1714-1788), elle occupe l'aile orientale du bâtiment néo-classique abritant également le musée ashmoléen, rue St Giles'.

Source: Institution Taylor

Wikivoyage

English Taylorian Institute (also known as the Taylor Institution)

The university's centre for the study of modern European languages and literature, established in 1845. Its library contains the largest specialist collection in its field in Britain. It is in a neo-classical building designed by Charles R. Cockerell and erected between 1841 and 1844 by the university to house the institution and the Randolph Galleries (now the Ashmolean Museum).

Address St Giles', OX1 3NA
fr Institution Taylorja テイラー研究所
Image source:
Wikimedia Commons CC BY-SA 3.0 by Ozeye
Wikidata Updated: Fri Jul 23 2021 07:41:19