apothecary in Niagara-on-the-Lake
Wikimedia Commons category: Niagara Apothecary
English Niagara Apothecary
The Niagara Apothecary was an apothecary in Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario, established no later than 1820, and is now a National Historic Site of Canada. It was operated by a series of successive owners, most of whom had apprenticed under the preceding owner. In the 1960s, it was purchased by the Niagara Foundation, which targeted the building and its contents for preservation. It was purchased by the provincially-owned Ontario Heritage Foundation in 1969, which undertook a preservation effort culminating in May 1971, when the property was re-opened as a museum.
The museum is rendered as a typical Confederation-era apothecary. It is operated by the Ontario College of Pharmacy, and receives about 100,000 visitors annually.
Source: Niagara Apothecary
Russian Аптека Ниагары
Действующая до сих пор аптека. Она была открыта в этом здании в 1869 году, и в 1970-е годы после реставрации интерьер был приведён к тому виду, каким он был при открытии.