Tiversk

File:Tiversk Kamera.JPG

Wikimedia Commons
Wikimedia Commons category: Tiversk

Geographical coordinates: 60.8354068 29.8171735

Wikipedia

English Tiversk

Tiversk or Tiurinlinna (Finnish: Tiurinlinna, Russian: Тиверск or Тиверский городок) is a site of ancient Karelian settlement and a ruined fortification near Melnikovo (Räisälä in Finnish) in the Karelian Isthmus. The fortification has been in use in different stages in history and it has also been described as a village. The site used to be an island of the River Vuoksi, which became a peninsula after 1857, near rapids. The island is approximately 240 metres (790 feet) long and 80 metres (260 feet) wide.The oldest findings indicating settlement on the site are dated between 500BC–300AD. Several researchers have come to the conclusion that the site served as a fortification in the 11th century and possibly even earlier. Anatoly Kirpichnikov asserts that the fortification was founded in the late 1330s. Archaeologists have found stone foundations of 19 buildings which varied in size between 4 by 5 metres (13 by 16 feet) and 8 by 7 metres (26 by 23 feet). There has also been one much larger building with a floor area of 300 square metres (3,200 square feet) and a hearth in the middle of the building.The Treaty of Nöteborg established a Novgorodian-Swedish border in the immediate vicinity and left the fort on the Novgorodian side. Kirpichnikov believes that Karelian Vallittu who ruled the Korela Fortress started building Tiversk after the treaty. The fort is mentioned for the first time in the Nikon Chronicle in 1404 when the settlement was granted to Prince Yury of Smolensk as an appanage. Seven years later, the fort was sacked and destroyed by the Swedes during one of the Swedish-Novgorodian Wars.

The site of Tiversk was first identified and described by Jacob Groot in 1847. The remnants were excavated in 1888–1891 by Hjalmar Appelgren, Theodor Schwindt and Alfred Hackman, in 1971 by Anatoly Kirpichnikov, and in 1971–1974 by Svetlana Kochkurkina. Most remnants are dated the end of the 13th to the beginning of the 15th centuries. In 1890, archaeological works revealed a treasure trove of 13th–15th century Arabic silver coins. Some remnants dated 10th–early 12th century have also been discovered. The ramparts and stone walls of the settlement were 4.5 to 7 metres (15 to 23 feet) thick.

Source: Tiversk

Finnish Tiurinlinna

Tiurinlinna (venäjäksi Tiverski) on muinaislinna Vuoksen rannalla Karjalankannaksella, nykyisellä Venäjällä. Linna rakennettiin Vuoksen kapeimmassa kohdassa sijainneelle saarelle Räisälän kylän etelä-kaakkoispuolelle. Tiurinlinna on ollut asuttu ja paikalta on löydetty 19 kiviperusteisen asumuksen jäänteet, joiden koko vaihteli 4×5 metrin ja 8×7 metrin välillä. Linnalta on lisäksi löydetty yli 300 neliömetrin kokoisen rakennuksen kiviset perustukset jonka keskellä on ollut tulisija.

Paikka on ollut linnoitettuna jo pakanuuden aikana ennen kristinuskon saapumista alueelle. Hjalmar Appelgren arvioi linnan olleen löytöjen perusteella käytössä ainakin 1100-luvulla. Varsinaista linnaa on rakennettu Käkisalmen linnan kanssa yhtaikaa 1100- tai 1200-luvulla. Toisten tietojen mukaan linna on rakennettu vasta 1300-luvulla.Alueella oli asutusta aiemminkin – keramiikkalöydöt viittaavat varhaismetallikauteen ajanlaskun alun tienoille. Vakiintunutta asutusta paikalla oli viimeistään ristiretkiajalla, vaikka aikaa leimasivat myös hämäläisten ja karjalaisten kahakat sekä ruotsalaisten voimakas muutto Karjalankannakselle, mikä ärsytti Novgorodia. Alueella tehty hopea-aarrelöytö ajoittuu juuri tähän aikaan, vaikka osa aarteen rahoista onkin jo viikinkiajalta 900-luvulta.

Kronikoiden mukaan Novgorod antoi vuonna 1404 Smolenskin ruhtinaalle Ju­rille 13 sivukaupunkia (prigorod), joista yhden on arvioitu olleen Tiurin linnoitettu kaupunki, Tiverski. Ruotsalaiset hävittivät linnan vuonna 1411. Tämä johti Novgorodin ruhtinaan Luvgeni Olgerdovitšin johtamaan kostoretkeen Viipurin seudulle, jossa novgorodilaiset lopulta polttivat Viipurin esikaupungin 26. maaliskuuta 1411. Tässä yhteydessä paloi myös puusta tehty Viipurin vanha tuomiokirkko, joka päätettiin rakentaa uudestaan kivestä 1413.

Linnasaari vallien sisäpuolelta oli 225 metriä pitkä, 44–60 metriä leveä ja 7 metriä korkea. Vuoksen vedenpinnan laskun jälkeen kosken itäinen haara on kuivunut kokonaan.

Source: Tiurinlinna

Russian Тиверск

Ти́верское городи́ще (Тиверский городок, Тиверск, фин. Tiurinlinna) — остатки древнего укреплённого поселения карелов и новгородцев. Расположено примерно в 4 км южнее посёлка Васильево (Приозерского района Ленинградской области).

Source: Тиверск

German translation from Russian

Tiver-Stadt (Tiver-Stadt, Tiverssk, Fin. Tiurinlinna) ist die Überreste einer alten befestigten Siedlung von Kareliern und Nowgorodiern. Es liegt etwa 4 km südlich des Dorfes Wassiljewo (Bezirk Priozersky der Oblast Leningrad).

Source: Тиверск

Wikivoyage

Russian Руины Тиверска

SourceПриозерск (ru.wikivoyage.org)
Typevicinity
Last Edit2019-06-13
ar تيفيرسكarz تيفيرسكba Тиверскde Tiwerskfi Tiurinlinnaru Тиверскtt Тиверск
Image source:
Wikimedia Commons CC BY 2.5 by Igor Luzhanov
Wikidata Updated: Fri Jul 23 2021 05:24:48