Zaikonospassky monastery

File:Moscow 09-13 img10 Zaikonospassky.jpg

Wikimedia Commons
Wikimedia Commons category: Church of the Holy Mandylion at Zaikonospassky Monastery (Moscow)

Geographical coordinates: 55.756388888889 37.620555555556

Wikipedia

English Monastery of the Holy Mandylion, Moscow

The Monastery of the Holy Mandylion or Zaikonospassky Monastery (Заиконоспасский монастырь in Russian) is an Orthodox monastery on the Nikolskaya Street in Kitai-gorod, Moscow, just one block away from the Kremlin.

It was founded in 1600 by Boris Godunov. At first called "Saviour the Old", the monastery gradually acquired its present quaint name which alludes to its location and means "the Saviour behind the icon shops".

In the late 17th century, the monastery's learned administrators such as Symeon of Polotsk and Sylvester Medvedev had it transformed into a hotbed of enlightenment. Between 1687 and 1814, it was home to the Slavic Greek Latin Academy, Russia's first secondary education establishment. There is a memorial plaque in honor of its most famous student, Mikhail Lomonosov. After Lomonosov founded the Moscow University in 1755, the academy declined in importance.

The surviving buildings include the Baroque katholikon of the Holy Mandylion (originally constructed in 1660-1661; rebuilt in 1717–1720 and 1742), several 17th-century chambers as well as a former school building which dates to 1822. After the October Revolution, the monastery's distinctive belltower was pulled down and the remaining buildings were given to the Moscow State Institute for History and Archives.

The Russian Orthodox Church had the Zaikonospassky Monastery reopened in 1992. It has been involved in litigation with the institute's successor over ownership of these assets. In 2014, the belltower was rebuilt to the same design.

Source: Monastery of the Holy Mandylion, Moscow

Georgian ზაიკონოსპასკის მონასტერი

ზაკონოსპასკის მონასტერი (რუს. Ново-Заиконоспасский монастырь) — მოქმედი სტავროპიგიალური მამათა მართლმადიდებლური მონასტერი მოსკოვში. მონასტერი დაარსებულია XV საუკუნეში. მდებარეობს მოსკოვის ცენტრალური ადმინისტრაციული ოლქის ტვერის რაიონში, კიტაი-გოროდში, ნიკოლსკის ქუჩაზე.

მონასტერი ისტორიაში შევიდა, როგორც სამასწავლებლო, რადგან მის კედლებში შეიქმნა საგანმანათლებლო სკოლა, შემდეგ აქ ჩამოყალიბდა სალვურ-ბერძნულ-ლათინური აკავემია, რომლის საფუძველზეც შემდეგ შეიქმნა მოსკოვის სასულიერო აკადემია.

მონასტერი მიეკუთვნება რუსეთის მართლმადიდებელი ეკლესიის მოსკოვის საპატრიარქოს მოსკოვის ეპარქიას.

Source: ზაიკონოსპასკის მონასტერი

Polish Monaster Zaikonospasski

Monaster Zaikonospasski, wł. monaster Obrazu Chrystusa Zbawiciela Nie Ludzką Ręką Uczynionego – prawosławny męski klasztor w Moskwie, o statusie wspólnoty stauropigialnej.

Potoczna nazwa monasteru odnosi się do jego wezwania (Spasski sugeruje wezwanie odnoszące się do Chrystusa Zbawiciela) i położenia (za straganami, na których sprzedawano ikony).

Source: Monaster Zaikonospasski

Russian Заиконоспасский монастырь

Заиконоспа́сский монасты́рь (то есть Спасский за Иконным рядом) — действующий православный ставропигиальный мужской монастырь Русской православной церкви, расположенный в Китай-городе на Никольской улице.

Монастырь вошёл в историю как «учительский» вследствие создания в его стенах просветительской школы, реорганизованной затем в Славяно-греко-латинскую академию, ставшую основой Московской духовной академии.

Source: Заиконоспасский монастырь

German translation from Russian

Das Zaikonospas-Kloster (dh Spassky hinter der Ikone in der Nähe) ist ein aktives orthodoxes stavropigiales Männerkloster der Russisch-Orthodoxen Kirche in der Kitai-Stadt in der Nikolskaya-Straße.

Das Kloster kam als „Lehrer“ in die Geschichte aufgrund der Einrichtung einer Bildungsschule innerhalb seiner Mauern, die in die slawische griechisch-lateinische Akademie umorganisierte Bildungsschule wurde, die zur Grundlage der Moskauer Theologischen Akademie wurde.

Source: Заиконоспасский монастырь

Wikivoyage

Russian Заиконоспасский монастырь

Монастырь основан в XVII веке. Настоятелем его одно время в XVII веке был поэт Симеон Полоцкий. С 1685 года тут располагалась Славяно-Греко-Латинская Академия, первое высшее учебное заведение в Москве. Самое значительное здание монастыря, Спасский собор, строилось в 1660—61 годах и было позже перестроено в стиле барокко. Колокольня, имеющая примерно ту же высоту, что и собор, восстановлена в 1990-е годы.

Address ул. Никольская, 7-9
Typesee

Italian Monastero Zaikonospassky (Заиконоспасский монастырь)

Address via Nikolskaja 7-9
Directions Metro: Ploshchad Revolyutsii
cs Zaikonospasský klášterfr monastère Zaikonospasskihu Zaikonoszpasszkij kolostorka ზაიკონოსპასკის მონასტერიpl Monaster Zaikonospasskiru Заиконоспасский монастырьtt Заиконоспас кәшишханәсеuk Заіконоспаський монастир
Image source:
Wikimedia Commons CC BY-SA 3.0 by A.Savin (Wikimedia Commons · WikiPhotoSpace)
Wikidata Updated: Fri Jul 23 2021 10:25:29