Tallinn Power Plant

former power plant in in Tallinn, Estonia

Wikimedia Commons
Wikimedia Commons category: Tallinn power plant

Geographical coordinates: 59.444444 24.750556

Wikipedia

English Tallinn Power Plant

The Tallinn Power Plant (Estonian: Tallinna elektrijaam) is a former power plant located in Tallinn, Estonia. Construction of the power plant was initiated by Volta company and it was decided by the Tallinn City Council in 1912 after the work of special committee established in 1909. The plant was located next to the Tallinn Gas Factory at the location of the former Stuart fortress. The plant was designed by Volta and the architect was Hans Schmidt. Originally it used three Laval-type 250 horsepower (0.19 MW) steam turbines and three 250 horsepower (0.19 MW) electric generators—all produced by Volta. Two coal-fired boilers were manufactured by AS Franz Krull. The power plant was opened on 24 March 1913 and originally it was fired by coal. In 1919–1920 the plant was expanded and transferred to peat and wood. In 1924 the power plant was switched to oil shale. It was the first power plant in the world to employ oil shale as its primary fuel. In 1939, the plant achieved capacity of 22 MW.In 1929, a new turbine hall and in 1932 a new switchboard were commissioned. In 1941, the power plant was destroyed by leaving Soviet troops but was restored by 1948. A new 102.5-metre (336 ft) flue-gas stack was built. On 9 October 1959, the plant started to operate as combined heat and power plant providing district heating to Tallinn. In 1965, the plant was switched to fuel oil. The plant ceased electricity production on 2 February 1979.In 1978, the power plant area was used for the Andrei Tarkovsky's film Stalker as the threshold to the Zone. The UN's acronym, which is still visible, was painted on the power plant's flue-gas stack. A memorial plate of the film was set up on the flue-gas stack in 2008.

Since 1984, the former power plant boiler house is used as an energy museum. Since 2011, the power plant complex is used for hosting the Tallinn Creative Hub (Kultuurikatel).

Source: Tallinn Power Plant

Czech Tallinnská elektrárna

Tallinnská elektrárna (estonsky: Tallinna elektrijaam) je bývalá elektrárna v Tallinnu v Estonsku. Její stavbu iniciovala firma Volta s povolením tallinnské městské rady v roce 1912. Leží v blízkosti tallinnské plynárny v lokalitě bývalé pevnosti Stuart. Plány na stavbu této elektrárny vytvořil architekt Hans Schmidt a společnost Volta. Původně zde byly v provozu tři parní turbíny Lavalova typu se třemi elektrickými generátory o výkonu 0,19 MW (250 koňských sil z produkce firmy Volta. Dva topné kotle na uhlí vyrobila společnost AS Franz Krull. Její otevření se uskutečnilo dne 14. března 1913. Původním zdrojem energie bylo pouze uhlí, ale v letech 1919–1920 byla elektrárna rozšířena a přestavěna i pro spalování dřeva a rašeliny. V roce 1924 transformována na využití ropné břidlice. V té době byla první elektrárnou na světě, ve které se ropná břidlice používala jako primární zdroj energie. V roce 1939 dosáhla elektrárna kapacity 22 MW.V roce 1929 byla uvedena do provozu nová turbínová hala a v roce 1932 nová rozvodna. V roce 1941 byla elektrárna poškozena sovětskými vojsky. Obnovena byla o sedm let později současně s vybudováním nového 102,5 m vysokého komína. 9. října 1959 začala sloužit jako kogenerační elektrárna a teplárna. V roce 1965 došlo k její poslední transformaci, a to na zpracování topného oleje. 2. února 1979 byla produkce elektřiny definitivně ukončena.Od roku 1984 se její bývalá kotelna používá jako muzeum energie a od roku 2011 slouží celý komplex jako zázemí společnosti Tallinn Creative Hub (Kultuurikatel).

Source: Tallinnská elektrárna

French Centrale électrique de Tallinn

La centrale électrique de Tallinn (estonien : Tallinna elektrijaam) est une ancienne centrale électrique située dans la ville estonienne de Tallinn. Elle a fonctionné de 1913 à 1979.

Source: Centrale électrique de Tallinn

Wikivoyage

Russian Старая электростанция и газовый завод

Важная часть ревельской промышленности: в начале XX века электростанция с примыкающим к ней газовым заводом обеспечивали энергией весь город, а теперь тут закономерно разместился научно-познавательный центр Energia. Большое жёлтое здание само́й электростанции (1928-29) пропустить сложно, но стоит также заглянуть во двор, где сохранился комплекс старых промышленных построек, среди которых очаровательные газгольдеры. Сделующий квартал по той же улице — корпуса завода Виганда (1880-е гг.)

Address Põhja pst. 29-31
Typesee
Last Edit2019-05-03

Italian Ex centrale elettrica (Tallinna elektrijaam)

La centrale è stata in funzione dal 1913 al 1979. Ha fatto da sfondo ad alcune scene del film Stalker di Andreï Tarkovski. Dal 1984 accoglie il museo dell'energia e il centro culturale Kultuurikatel.

cs Tallinnská elektrárnade Kraftwerk Tallinnet Tallinna elektrijaamfr centrale électrique de Tallinn
Wikidata Updated: Thu Jul 22 2021 07:21:20