Vyazhishchsky Monastery

File:VNovgorod VyazhishchskyMon VN243.jpg

Wikimedia Commons
Wikimedia Commons category: Nikolo-Vyazhishchsky Convent

Geographical coordinates: 58.6231 31.1667

Wikipedia

English Vyazhishchi Monastery

The Nikolo-Vyazhishchskii Stavropegial Women's Monastery (Russian: Николо-Вяжищский Ставропигиальный Женский Монастырь) also known as the Vyazhishche or Vyazhishschky Monastery is a convent located in the village of Vyazhishche, 7 miles (12 km) NNW of Veliky Novgorod.

The monastery was founded in by the monks Efrosiny, Ignaty, and Galaktion and the hieromonk Pimen at the end of the fourteenth century (a charter from 1391 mentions it), with Pimen becoming the first hegumen of the monastery. It was first mentioned in the chronicle under the year 1411. The monastery was patronized by Archbishop Evfimy II (r. 1429-1458), who was hegumen of the monastery before his election as archbishop of Novgorod in 1429, and was buried there (he is known as St. Evfimy of Vyazhishche). His sarcophagus is now in the Church of St. Evfimy of Vyazhishche, built in 1685. The monastery was one of the greatest landowners in the Novgorodian land, holding in the fifteenth and sixteenth centuries, some 2,000 hectares of land. Much of its lands were confiscated during secularization under Catherine II (r.1762-1796) at which time it was classified a 2nd Class Monastery.

Following confiscation by the Soviets, the monastery was closed in 1920. It became part of a collective farm and the buildings were used to store yams, as well as a threshing floor, a forge, and a metalshop. From the 1950s, there were efforts to restore the monastery and it was returned to the Russian Orthodox Church in 1989. On March 31, 1990, then Metropolitan of Leningrad and Novgorod Alexius (later the Patriarch of Moscow) reconsecrated the main church to St. Evfimy.

The convent has the status of a stauropegic monastery (as of a grant from the Holy Synod of 7 October 1995), that is, it is under the direct control of the Patriarch of Moscow rather than of the Archbishop of Novgorod. The current hegumenia is Antonia (Korneeva). There are at present some 15 nuns living at the monastery. Of four churches in the Monastery (St. Evfimy, St. Nicholas, St. John the Divine, and The Church of the Ascension), only one is now a working church, that of St. Evfimy. The rest are still being restored.

Source: Vyazhishchi Monastery

Polish Monaster św. Mikołaja w Wiażyszczach

Monaster św. Mikołaja – prawosławny żeński klasztor stauropigialny w Wiażyszczach (obwód nowogrodzki), 16 km od Nowogrodu Wielkiego.

Source: Monaster św. Mikołaja w Wiażyszczach

Russian Николо-Вяжищский монастырь

Нико́ло-Вяжи́щский монастырь — ставропигиальный женский монастырь Русской православной церкви. Расположен рядом с деревней Вяжищи Новгородского района Новгородской области.

Source: Николо-Вяжищский монастырь

Serbian Николо-Вјажишчки манастир

Николо-Вјажишчки манастир (рус. Николо-Вяжищский монастырь) православни је женски манастир Руске православне цркве. Налази се северозападно од Великог Новгорода на подручју села Врјашишчи (на обали реке Верјажа), на подручју Новгородског рејона Новгородске области, на северозападу европског дела Руске Федерације.

Манастир се налази на листи културног наслеђа Руске Федерације под бројем 5310106000.Манастир су крајем XIV века основала три монаха Јевфросин, Игњатије и Галактион, а први писани подаци о њему датирају из 1411. године када је саграђена дрвена Никољска саборна црква. У летопису из 1417. помиње се градња новог храма на месту претходног који је вероватно изгорео у пожару. Две године касније саграђена је и надвратна црква посвећена преподобном Антонију Великом.

Манастир је затворен 1920. године, а његово имање је предато на управљање локалном колхозу. Једно време манастирски конак је служио као школа.

Манастир је враћен Руској православној цркви 1988. године.

У манастирском комплексу налази се Никољска саборна црква, трпеза са црквама светог Јована Богослова и Вазнесња Господњег (1694—1698). Почетком XVIII века у северном делу манастира су саграђене келије за монахиње и привредна зграда. Дрвену ограду која је првобитно окруживала манастир током XIX века заменио је камени зид.

Source: Николо-Вјажишчки манастир

German translation from Russian

Das Nikolo-Vyazhyshchi-Kloster ist ein Stavropigial-Kloster der Russisch-Orthodoxen Kirche. Das Hotel liegt neben dem Dorf Vyazhishchi im Bezirk Nowgorod in Oblast Nowgorod

Source: Николо-Вяжищский монастырь

Wikivoyage

Russian Николо-Вяжищский монастырь

В 12 километрах на северо-запад от Великого Новгорода расположен уникальный ансамбль Вяжищского монастыря. В монастыре нет древних по новгородским меркам храмов – старейшие его постройки датируются всего лишь второй половиной XVII века (хотя для большей части России и это весьма солидный возраст), зато церкви монастыря сохранили необыкновенно богатый декор из разнообразных по рисунку изразцов XVII века, что, определённо, стоит увидеть своими глазами. Монастырь существовал уже в начале XV века, но был тогда деревянным. В XVII веке ему покровительствовали первые цари рода Романовых, и это сказалось на его благосостоянии. В последней четверти XVII века монастырь обзавёлся двумя каменными храмами – собором Николая Чудотворца и Евфимия Вяжищского (1685) и церковью Иоанна Богослова с трапезной церковью Вознесения Господня (1694-1698). Сейчас, после реставрации, все храмы пятиглавые, но большую часть своей истории церковь Иоанна Богослова прожила одноглавой: её недостроенную кровлю снесло ещё во время бури 1698 года, после чего церковь восстановили в упрощённом виде. Храмы строили московские мастера с учётом местных традиций. На рубеже XVII-XVIII веков были также построены галерея с двумя крыльцами, двухэтажные кельи и хозяйственный корпус. Невысокая каменная ограда с декоративными башенками сменила деревянную в XIX веке. Место производства цветных изразцов, использованных в ленточных фризах и наличниках, точно не установлено: их могли сделать в Новгороде или Валдайском монастыре, но вполне могли доставить из Москвы или Ярославля. Изразцы имеют три разных размера, и интереснее всего самые крупные, помещённые в верхнюю часть построек: в их рисунке встречаются почти неотличимые лев и единорог, а также конь, крест и двуглавый орёл.

Как добраться: пригородный автобус № 123 идёт прямо к монастырю (3 раза в день, расписание в разделе Транспорт). Из Новгорода на городских автобусах № 5, 10, 14, 15 до остановки у завода «Акрон», дальше около 4 километров пешком. Железнодорожн...

Address д. Вяжищи
Typevicinity
Last Edit2016-02-13
ba Николо-Вяжищи монастырыfy Nikolaaskleaster yn Vjazjisjtsjskipl Monaster św. Mikołaja w Wiażyszczachru Николо-Вяжищский монастырьsr Николо-Вјажишчки манастирtt Николо-Вяжищи монастыре
Image source:
Wikimedia Commons CC BY-SA 3.0 by Ludvig14
Wikidata Updated: Fri Jul 23 2021 11:06:37