Desyatinny Monastery

Wikimedia Commons
Wikimedia Commons category: Desyatinny Monastery

Geographical coordinates: 58.517941666667 31.265130555556

Wikipedia

English Desyatinny Monastery

The Monastery of the Tithes (Desyatīnny Monastery; Russian: Десяти́нный монастырь) is an inactive monastery or convent in Veliky Novgorod (Russia), one of eight ancient monasteries of Novgorod Republic.

The Desyatinny Monastery now has a regular square-shaped perimeter. The monastery's complex was developed over a lengthy period and now includes objects constructed in periods from the 14th to the 20th centuries. It was finally completed at the beginning of the 20th century but was closed in 1918 by the Soviet government. Some buildings, including both churches and part of the monastery wall, were lost in the 20th century during World War II and the anti-religious campaign, with the result that the monastery is preserved fragmentarily.

Never considered particularly important, it was subjected to rebuilding many times. Built to symbolize and immortalize the miracle of historical significance for the Novgorod Republic, until the present day, the monastery in fact has undertaken certain social functions affecting Novgorodian society. Its history is a story of ups and downs, of ruin and reconstruction. Almost nothing in the present monastery's exterior suggests how ancient the monastery really is.

Source: Desyatinny Monastery

Russian Десятинный монастырь

Десяти́нный монастырь — недействующий, в прошлом женский второклассный монастырь Русской православной церкви в Великом Новгороде. Расположен в Людином конце, к югу от Прусской улицы. Примыкает к линии вала Окольного города.

До сих пор нет единого мнения, почему монастырь называется именно так. Хотя известно, что первый каменный храм, построенный в Киеве почти сразу после крещения Руси, назывался Десятинная церковь. Возможно, название монастыря связано с тем, что он был построен на княжеской земле — «десятине».

Source: Десятинный монастырь

German translation from Russian

Das Zeltkloster ist ein inaktives weibliches Kloster zweiter Klasse der Russisch-Orthodoxen Kirche in Weliki Nowgorod. Das Hotel liegt am Ende Ludin, südlich der preußischen Straße. Es grenzt an die Linie des Schaftes der Nahen Stadt.

Es besteht immer noch kein Konsens darüber, warum das Kloster so genannt wird. Obwohl bekannt ist, dass der erste Steintempel, der fast unmittelbar nach der Taufe Russlands gebaut wurde, Tithe Church genannt wurde. Vielleicht ist der Name des Klosters darauf zurückzuführen, dass es auf fürstlichen Land gebaut wurde - „Zehnter“.

Source: Десятинный монастырь

Wikivoyage

Russian Десятинный монастырь

Старинный монастырь был основан в XIII веке матерью Александра Невского, по легенде, на том самом месте, где в 1170 году новгородцы разбили суздальское войско. От тех давних времён не сохранилось ничего, самый древний здешний памятник – загадочный красно-кирпичный столб посреди монастыря, на самом деле являющийся руинами церкви Рождества Пресвятой Богородицы 1397 года. Монастырь виден издали благодаря белоснежной надвратной колокольне начала XIX века, правда, сильно перестроенной в начале XX века и восстановленной после военных разрушений лишь в наши дни. Стены и большинство построек монастыря датируются XIX – началом XX века. Монастырь не действует и используется под выставочные залы Музея художественной культуры Новгородской земли. Здесь же находятся мастерские художников и музейный цех фарфора.

Address Десятинная улица, 18
Typesee
Last Edit2016-02-12

Places located in Desyatinny Monastery

ru Десятинный монастырь
Wikidata Updated: Fri Jul 23 2021 07:56:42