Peryn Skete

Wikimedia Commons
Wikimedia Commons category: Peryn Skete

Geographical coordinates: 58.472777777778 31.273611111111

Wikipedia

English Peryn Chapel

The Church of the Nativity of the Theotokos on Peryn

(Russian: Церковь Рождества Богородицы на Перыни, Tserkov Rozhdestva Bogoroditsy na Peryni)

in the environs of Veliky Novgorod is one of the city's oldest churches, dating from the 1220s. The church is located 6 kilometres (3.7 mi) from Veliky Novgorod, by the source of the Volkhov River where it flows out of Lake Ilmen. The church is a part of the Peryn Skete, a former monastery abolished in the 18th century, and is the only functioning church in the complex.

The Peryn Chapel is on the World Heritage list as a part of object 604 Historic Monuments of Novgorod and Surroundings. The building has been designated an architectural monument of federal significance (#5310037007).Presumably, the church was built on a site previously consecrated to the pagan god Perun, hence the name. The first church on the site was built in 991. Later, it became a part of a monastery. The current church was built in the 1220s. It was fully restored after World War II and returned to the Russian Orthodox Church in the 1990s.The church is built of flat bricks and stone. It has a foundation in the shape of a square. The church has four internal pillars and one dome. It is notable in particular for its small size, measuring only 8 metres (26 ft) in both length and width.

Source: Peryn Chapel

French Monastère de Peryn

Le monastère de Peryn ou ermitage de Peryn ou monastère de la-Nativité-de-la-Vierge (en langue russe : Перы́нский скит) est un monastère orthodoxe situé sur la péninsule de Peryn et qui existe depuis le XIVe siècle.

Les chroniques le citent depuis l'année 1386, quand il a été incendié. Il est resté en activité jusque 1764. Il a été rouvert en 1991.

Source: Monastère de Peryn

Russian Перынский скит

Перы́нский скит или Перынский Рождества Богородицы мужской скит — монастырь, располагавшийся в новгородском урочище Перынь и действовавший с XIV века по 1764 год.

В летописях упоминается впервые под 1386 годом, когда монастырь сожгли новгородцы.

Source: Перынский скит

German translation from Russian

Die Einsiedelei von Peryn oder die Peryn-Krippe der Jungfrau Männlichen Einsiedelei ist ein Kloster im Novgorod-Gebiet von Peryn, das vom 14. Jahrhundert bis 1764 aktiv war.

Die Chroniken erwähnen zum ersten Mal unter 1386, als das Kloster von Nowgorodiern verbrannt wurde.

Source: Перынский скит

Wikivoyage

Russian Перынский скит

В наше время это всего лишь мужской монастырь, основанный в 1828 году, но на его территории стоит самая маленькая новгородская церковь постройки примерно 1226 года (её размеры в плане – 7.5×9.5 метров). Уже одно это подсказывает, что Перынский скит – непростое место с очень древней историей. Раньше здесь был остров, превратившийся в полуостров лишь в 1960-ые годы. На острове было урочище Перынь, на котором, как считают ученые, находилось языческое святилище бога-громовержца Перуна. Это капище упомянуто в летописи, рассказывающей, что в 980 году по распоряжению самого Владимира Святославовича (того самого, который позже крестил Русь) на капище был воздвигнут идол Перуна. Всё это вполне может быть правдой: дохристианскую стоянку, равно как и следы языческого святилища, археологи тут-таки обнаружили.

Address Перынский скит
Typesee
Last Edit2016-02-12
arz كنيسه بيرين سكيتfr monastère de Perynru Перынский скит
Wikidata Updated: Fri Jul 23 2021 05:55:12