Winterfeldtplatz

square in Berlin, Germany

Wikimedia Commons
Wikimedia Commons category: Winterfeldtplatz (Berlin-Schöneberg)

Geographical coordinates: 52.495 13.3547

Wikipedia

German Winterfeldtplatz

Der Winterfeldtplatz liegt im Berliner Ortsteil Schöneberg des Bezirks Tempelhof-Schöneberg. Der in Nordsüd-Richtung ausgerichtete Platz ist rund 280 Meter lang und 80 Meter breit. Auf seinem südlichen Ende steht die katholische Kirche St. Matthias. Auf dem 1893 nach dem preußischen General Hans Karl von Winterfeldt benannten Areal findet jeden Mittwoch und Samstag der größte Wochenmarkt Berlins statt.

Rund 200 Meter weiter nördlich liegt der Nollendorfplatz mit dem gleichnamigen U-Bahnhof. Von dort geht die Straßenachse weiter über den Lützowplatz bis hin zum Großen Stern mit der Siegessäule im Tiergarten.

Source: Winterfeldtplatz

French Winterfeldtplatz

La Winterfeldtplatz est une place de Berlin au nord du quartier de Schöneberg. C'est une place rectangulaire orientée nord-sud de 280 mètres de longueur sur 80 mètres de largeur. La Maaßenstraße la relie au nord à 200 mètres à la Nollendorfplatz desservie par le métro de Berlin (lignes 1, 2, 3 et 4). L'axe nord continue encore jusqu'à la Grande Étoile et la Colonne de la Victoire.

Source: Winterfeldtplatz

Wikivoyage

English Winterfeldplatz

Places with markets on Wednesdays and Saturdays are popular with locals at Winterfeldplatz. Buy a coffee and browse amongst the stalls; this is a place to unearth hidden gems. Breakfast is served usually until 14:00-15:00.

SourceBerlin/City West (en.wikivoyage.org)

Places located in Winterfeldtplatz

St. Matthias, Berlin

St. Matthias is a Roman Catholic church in Berlin, serving a parish just in front of the Potsdam Gate.

The parish's first church was built in 1867-1868 using a 20,000 thaler donation from Prussian civil servant Matthias Aulike (his stipulation that it be served by a priest from his home diocese of Munster is still met today), making it the third oldest Roman Catholic parish in the city after those of St Hedwig and St. Sebastian. It rose from an initial 800 parishioners to 10,000 by around 1890 and an expansion to the first church proved inadequate.

A competition was therefore held to design a new church, with entries from August Menken among others. It was won by Engelbert Seibertz, with its foundation stone laid on 23 October 1893 by the parish priest and the consecration on 24 October 1895 led by Georg von Kopp, cardinal and bishop of Breslau. That new church was a hall church and still stands today on Winterfeldtplatz in the Schöneberg district.

Loading...
ja ヴィンターフェルト広場