The Barn Church, Kew
first barn church to be consecrated in England
Wikimedia Commons category: The Barn Church, Kew, London
English The Barn Church, Kew
The Barn Church, Kew, formally known as St Philip and All Saints, is the first barn church to be consecrated in England. The building, which is not listed, is on the corner of Atwood Avenue and Marksbury Avenue, in an area previously known as North Sheen and now in Kew, in the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames. It was constructed in 1929 from a 17th (or possibly 16th) century barn from Oxted in Surrey. The west end was converted in 2002 into a large parish room with a gallery above looking down the length of the building. The sanctuary was refurbished and remodelled in 1998.
St Philip and All Saints is part of a joint parish with St Luke's Church, Kew, under the same vicar, Peter Hart. It is a member of the Anglican Communion and Church of England and, locally, is part of Churches Together in Kew. The parish is almost entirely residential and many of the residents work in central London.
Source: The Barn Church, Kew