park in Fulham, London, UK
Wikimedia Commons category: Bishops Park
English Bishops Park
Bishops Park is a park in Fulham, West London. The park was opened by the London County Council in 1893, on land given by the Ecclesiastical Commissioners. It is listed Grade II on the register of parks and gardens of special historic interest maintained by English Heritage.
The park runs north of the River Thames from All Saints church along a broad tree-lined avenue and an embankment path along the river, and ends at Bishop's Park Road. It contains tennis courts and bowling greens, with another small park area fronting Fulham Palace Road. It is adjacent to Fulham Palace and Fulham Football club.
A memorial to members of the International Brigade who volunteered to fight in the Spanish Civil War has been located within the park since 1997. The park has a poolside beach and facilities for basketball, tennis, table tennis, lawn bowling and skating, and hosts a farmers' market.
Source: Bishops Park
English Bishop's Park
The area surrounding Fulham Palace was given by the Church of England as a public recreational ground.