Teatro San Angelo

opera house in Venice (Italy)

Wikimedia Commons
Wikimedia Commons category: Teatro Sant'Angelo

Geographical coordinates: 45.435588888 12.33035

Wikipedia

English Teatro San Angelo

The Teatro San Angelo (in Venetian dialect) or Teatro Sant' Angelo (in Italian) was once a theatre in Venice which ran from 1677 until 1803.

It was the last of the major Venetian theatres to be built in the 1650s–60s opera craze following Teatro Santi Giovanni e Paolo in 1654, Teatro San Samuele 1655, Teatro San Salvatore 1661, Teatro San Giovanni Crisostomo in 1667.The Teatro San Angelo was located in the Campo San[t'] Angelo, facing the Grand Canal and Rialto Bridge, on the sites of two demolished palazzi belonging to the Marcellos and Capellos. The project was completed in 1676 by Francesco Santorini, and opened in 1677 under the families of Benedetto Marcello and the Capellos.

The house was opened with the opera Helena rapita da Paride of Domenico Freschi, (1677) and continued with operas by Freschi, Gasparini, Albinoni and Bononcini. From around 1715 onwards the house was best known as the venue of many of the operas of Antonio Vivaldi. Under Vivaldi the opera house became increasingly populist and commercial. Soon theatre was home to the operas of Baldassare Galuppi, (Argenide 1733), and plays of Goldoni.

In the 1790s the Abate Pietro Chiari wrote for the Teatro San Angelo, and in 1797 Casanova wrote an attack on Chiari incurring the enmity of Antonio Condulmer, co-owner of the theatre and a member of the Council of Ten. At this point the theatre was in terminal decline.

The theatre closed in 1803 and was converted into a warehouse. It was then demolished and rebuilt as the Barocci Palazzo, today the four star Hotel NH Collection Palazzo Barocci.

Source: Teatro San Angelo

Czech Teatro San Angelo

Teatro San Angelo (v benátském dialektu) nebo Teatro Sant' Angelo (italsky) bylo jedním z operních divadel v Benátkách v letech 1677–1803.

Source: Teatro San Angelo

German Teatro Sant’Angelo

Das Teatro Sant’Angelo (manchmal auch fälschlich: Teatro San Angelo) war ein Theater- und Opernhaus in Venedig, das 1677 eröffnet wurde (Architekt Francesco Santurini) und bis 1803 bestand. Hier wurden viele der Opern von Antonio Vivaldi uraufgeführt, der es auch immer wieder musikalisch und zeitweilig als Impresario leitete. Es befand sich am Canal Grande nahe der Rialto-Brücke. Es wurde von den Familien Marcello und Capello betrieben, von denen dort zuvor Stadthäuser standen.

Source: Teatro Sant’Angelo

French Teatro Sant'Angelo

Le Teatro Sant'Angelo était un théâtre de Venise qui fut en activité de 1677 jusqu'aux dernières années du XVIIIe siècle. Considéré à l'époque comme un des sept théâtres lyriques de Venise, il fut un concurrent historique, pour la programmation, du Teatro San Moisè.

Situé au bord du Grand Canal, près de pont du Rialto, il fut inauguré en 1677 avec le drame Helena rapita da Paride de Domenico Freschi. Son impresario le plus célèbre fut Antonio Vivaldi qui y créa plusieurs de ses opéras.

À partir de 1748, on y représenta de nombreuses comédies de Carlo Goldoni grâce à un accord avec le capocomico Girolamo Medebach, qui l'engagea comme auteur attitré. Puis, en 1753, après y avoir créé La Locandiera, Goldoni quitta le Sant'Angelo pour le Teatro San Luca. Par la suite la scène vénitienne perdit de l'importance et déclina. En 1804, pendant l'occupation française, le Sant'Angelo fut fermé en même temps que d'autres théâtres vénitiens moins importants et, au XIXe siècle, fut construit à son emplacement le Palazzo Barocci, occupé actuellement par un hôtel.

Source: Teatro Sant'Angelo

Italian Teatro Sant'Angelo

Il Teatro Sant'Angelo era un teatro di Venezia che operò dal 1677, costruito dall'architetto Santurini, sino agli ultimi anni del XVIII secolo. Considerato uno dei sette teatri lirici di Venezia dell'epoca, era concorrente storico, nella programmazione, del Teatro San Moisè.

Situato vicino a Ponte di Rialto, fu inaugurato nel 1677 con il dramma Helena rapita da Paride di Domenico Freschi. La struttura disponeva di 136 palchetti.

Tra i protagonisti assoluti del teatro vi fu Vivaldi che ne ravvivò parecchie stagioni musicali (rappresentando qui dodici sue opere tra quelle espressamente composte per essere rappresentate per la prima volta a Venezia), e tra il 1748 ed il 1753 vi si rappresentarono numerose commedie di Carlo Goldoni (da La vedova scaltra a La locandiera), legato al teatro grazie ad un accordo con il capocomico Girolamo Medebach. In seguito il palcoscenico veneziano perse importanza ed entrò in declino. Nel 1804, durante l'occupazione francese, fu chiuso insieme ad altri teatri veneziani minori e in seguito al suo posto fu costruito Palazzo Barocci, occupato attualmente da un hotel.

Source: Teatro Sant'Angelo

arz مسرح سان انجيلوca Teatro Sant'Angeloes Teatro Sant'Angelofr Teatro Sant'Angeloit Teatro Sant'Angeloja サンタンジェロ劇場sv Teatro Sant'Angelo