Abbot's Palace (Oliwa)

File:Palacio de Oliwa, Gdansk, Polonia, 2013-05-21, DD 02.jpg

building

Wikimedia Commons
Wikimedia Commons category: Oliwa Palace in Gdańsk

Geographical coordinates: 54.41085833 18.56026667

Wikipedia

English Abbot's Palace (Oliwa)

The Abbots' Palace in Oliwa (Polish: Pałac Opatów w Oliwie) is a rococo palace in Oliwa, a quarter of Gdańsk (Danzig). The first portion of the palace, the "Old Palace" was constructed in the 15th century. Later, in the first half of the sixteen hundreds a "New Palace" was added, which served as the residency of the then abbot of the Cistercians, Jan Grabiński. The final additions to the palace were made between 1754 and 1756, and were funded by another Cistercian abbot, Jacek Rybiński.

After the partitions of Poland the area became part of Prussia, in 1831 real estate of the Cistercians was secularized and the palace became property of the House of Hohenzollern. From 1796 until 1836 the Bishops of Ermland (Warmia), Karl von Hohenzollern-Hechingen and Joseph von Hohenzollern-Hechingen resided in the Palace. It remained empty until 1869 when Maria Anna von Hohenzollern-Hechingen, niece of Joseph, took up residence there. After her death in 1888 the ownership of the palace was taken over by the city of Oliva, which used it for offices and apartments.During the interwar period of the Free City of Danzig the palace contained a museum which housed exhibitions on the history of the region. The director in charge of the museum was a Nazi activist named Erich Keyser.In 1945, at the end of World War II (during which time it served as an arms depot) it was set on fire by German troops who sought to clear the terrain in front of the advancing Red Army.The palace was rebuilt in 1965 through the efforts of the Muzeum Pomorskie w Gdańsku (Pomeranian Museum in Gdańsk). It initially served as the ethnographic department of the museum. In 1972 the Museum was elevated to a status of a National Museum.Since 1989 the palace contains the Department of Modern Art of the Polish National Museum in Gdańsk. In February 1990 a special gallery devoted to contemporary Polish art was established. Permanent exhibitions include works by Polish artists from 19th and 20th century (painting, sculpture and ceramics). Some of the artists whose works are on display include Zbigniew Pronaszko, Jan Cybis, Henryk Stażewski, Andrzej Wróblewski, Tadeusz Kantor, Jerzy Nowosielski, Alfred Lenica, Jan Lebenstein, Teresa Pągowska, Zdzisław Beksiński, Edward Dwurnik and Władysław Hasior. It also houses the "Promotional Gallery" which exhibits works by young artists.

Source: Abbot's Palace (Oliwa)

German Äbtepalast zu Oliva

Der Äbtepalast zu Oliva wurde 1754 bis 1756 errichtet. Der Bau wurde vom letzten polnischen Abt des Zisterzienserklosters, Jacek Rybiński (1701–1782), gespendet, als Erweiterung des noch im 15. Jahrhundert errichteten sogenannten Alten Äbtepalastes. Nach langen Verhandlungen wurde am 5. Januar 1830 der „Vertrag zur Regulierung der Diözesanangelegenheiten der katholischen Einwohner des Herzogtums Oldenburg“ unterzeichnet, nach dem Verhandlungsort, dem Sitz des Fürstbischofs, meist als Konvention von Oliva bezeichnet. Damit wurde ein Bischöflich Münstersches Offizialat geschaffen und dessen Offizial gegenüber dem Bischof von Münster eine weit reichende Autonomie zugesprochen. Am 1. Oktober 1831 wurde das Kloster in Oliwa liquidiert und seine Güter zwischen der Stadt Danzig und dem preußischen König aufgeteilt

Das Gebäude blieb sehr lange ungenutzt, erst 1926 wurde das Staatliche Landesmuseum für Danziger Geschichte gegründet. 1945 total ausgebrannt, wurde der Palast in den 1960er Jahren wiederaufgebaut, als Sitz der Ethnografischen Abteilung des damaligen Pommerschen Museums. Seit 1989 wurde im Palast die Abteilung für Zeitgenössische Kunst des Danziger Nationalmuseums eingerichtet.

In direkter Nachbarschaft liegen das Kloster und der Dom zu Oliva.

Source: Äbtepalast zu Oliva

Polish Pałac Opatów w Oliwie

Pałac Opatów – zabytkowy pałac w Gdańsku Oliwie, składający się ze starszego skrzydła wschodniego z XV wieku i nowszego skrzydła południowego z XVII wieku. Umiejscowiony jest w Parku Oliwskim.

Source: Pałac Opatów w Oliwie

Portuguese Palácio do Abade (Oliwa)

O Palácio do Abade (em polonês: Pałac Opatów) é um palácio de estilo rococó em Oliwa, um dos bairros de Gdańsk, na Polônia. A primeira parte do palácio, o "Velho Palácio" foi construído no século XV. Mais tarde, na primeira metade do século XVI um "Novo Palácio" foi adicionado, que serviu como a residência do então abade da Ordem de Cister, Jan Grabiński. As adições finais ao palácio foram feitas entre 1754 e 1756, e foram financiadas por outro abade cisterciense, Jacek Rybiński.Após as partilhas da Polônia a área tornou parte da Prússia, em 1831 a propriedade imobiliária dos cistercienses foi secularizada e o palácio tornou propriedade da Casa de Hohenzollern. De 1796 até 1836, os Bispos de Vármia, Karl von Hohenzollern-Hechingen e Joseph von Hohenzollern-Hechingen residiram no Palácio. O palácio permaneceu vazio até 1869 quando Maria Anna von Hohenzollern-Hechingen, sobrinha de Joseph, decidiu residir no palácio. Após a sua morte, em 1888, a propriedade do palácio foi assumida pela cidade de Oliva, que a usou para escritórios e apartamentos.Durante o período de entre guerras da Cidade Livre de Danzig, o palácio continha um museu que abrigava exposições sobre a história da região. O diretor responsável pelo museu foi um ativista nazista chamado Erich Keyser.Em 1945, no final da Segunda Guerra Mundial (durante o tempo que serviu como um depósito de armas) foi incendiado por tropas alemãs que procuraram limpar o terreno em frente ao Exército Vermelho avançando.O palácio foi reconstruído em 1965 através dos esforços do Museu Nacional de Gdańsk. Inicialmente serviu como departamento etnográfico do museu. Em 1972 o Museu foi elevado a um status de um Museu Nacional.Desde 1989 o palácio contém o Departamento de Arte Moderna do Museu Nacional Polonês em Gdańsk. Em fevereiro de 1990 foi estabelecida uma galeria especial dedicada à arte polonesa contemporânea. As exposições permanentes incluem obras de artistas poloneses dos séculos XIX e XX (pintura, escultura e cerâmica). Alguns dos artistas cujas obras estão em exibição incluem Zbigniew Pronaszko, Jan Cybis, Henryk Stażewski, Andrzej Wróblewski, Tadeusz Kantor, Jerzy Nowosielski, Alfred Lenica, Jan Lebenstein, Teresa Pągowska, Zdzisław Beksiński, Edward Dwurnik e Władysław Hasior. Também abriga a "Galeria Promocional", que exibe obras de jovens artistas.

Source: Palácio do Abade (Oliwa)

Russian Аббатский дворец в Оливе

Аббатский дворец в Оливе — построен в 1754 — 1756 гг. в стиле рококо Яцеком Рыбинским, последним аббатом гданьского монастыря цистерцианцев, в состав которого входил также Оливский собор.

По инициативе властей Вольного города Данцига, к юбилею Оливы 18 марта 1926 года, во дворце был открыт музей:9. Первым директором стал Эрих Кейсер. В 1945 здание полностью сгорело. Восстановлено в 60-х годах XX века для размещения Этнографического отдела Поморского музея. С 1989 года во дворце располагается Отдел современного искусства Национального музея Гданьска. Его силами проводятся тематические выставки, постоянно работает художественная галерея.

Source: Аббатский дворец в Оливе

Chenese 修道院長宮

修道院長宮(波蘭語:Pałac Opatów w Oliwie)是位於波蘭格但斯克的一座洛可可式宮殿建築。宮殿始建於15世紀,分為舊宮和新宮。戰間期時這裡曾是博物館,展示格但斯克(但澤)地區的歷史。戰後則是一座美術館。

Source: 修道院長宮

csb Òpacczi Pałac w Òlëwiede Äbtepalast zu Olivanl Abtpaleis Oliwapl Pałac Opatów w Oliwiept Palácio do Abaderu Аббатский дворец в Оливеvi Cung điện Abbot ở Oliwazh 修道院長宮
Image source:
Wikimedia Commons CC BY-SA 3.0 by Diego Delso