Lustgarten

File:Lustgarten 3.JPG

square in Berlin

Wikimedia Commons
Wikimedia Commons category: Lustgarten (Berlin)

Geographical coordinates: 52.518611111 13.399722222

Wikipedia

English Lustgarten

The Lustgarten (Pleasure Garden) is a park on Museum Island in central Berlin, near the site of the former Berliner Stadtschloss (Berlin City Palace) of which it was originally a part. At various times in its history, the park has been used as a parade ground, a place for mass rallies and a public park.The area of the Lustgarten was originally developed in the 16th century as a kitchen garden attached to the Palace, then the residence of the Elector of Brandenburg, the core of the later Kingdom of Prussia. After the devastation of Germany during the Thirty Years War, Berlin was redeveloped by Friedrich Wilhelm (the Great Elector) and his Dutch wife, Luise Henriette of Nassau. It was Luise, with the assistance of a military engineer Johann Mauritz and a landscape gardener Michael Hanff, who, in 1646, converted the former kitchen garden into a formal garden, with fountains and geometric paths, and gave it its current name.

In 1713, Friedrich Wilhelm I became King of Prussia and set about converting Prussia into a militarised state. He ripped out his grandmother's garden and converted the Lustgarten into a sand-covered parade ground: Pariser Platz near the Brandenburg Gate and Leipziger Platz were also laid out as parade grounds at this time. In 1790, Friedrich Wilhelm II allowed the Lustgarten to be turned back into a park, but during French occupation of Berlin in 1806 Napoleon again drilled troops there.

In the early 19th century, the enlarged and increasingly wealthy Kingdom of Prussia undertook major redevelopments of central Berlin. A large, new classical building, the Old Museum, was built at the north-western end of the Lustgarten by the leading architect, Karl Friedrich Schinkel, and between 1826 and 1829 the Lustgarten was redesigned by Peter Joseph Lenné, with formal paths dividing the park into six sectors. A 13-metre high fountain in the centre, operated by a steam engine, was one of the marvels of the age. In 1871, the fountain was replaced by a large equestrian statue of Friedrich Wilhelm III by Albert Wolff. The statue was unveiled on 16 June 1871. Between 1894 and 1905, the old Protestant church on the northern side of the park was replaced by a much larger building, the Berlin Cathedral (in German, "Berliner Dom"), designed by Julius Carl Raschdorff.During the years of the Weimar Republic, the Lustgarten was frequently used for political demonstrations. The Socialists and Communists held frequent rallies there. In August 1921, 500,000 people demonstrated against right-wing extremist violence. After the murder of Foreign Minister Walther Rathenau, on 25 June 1922, 250,000 protested in the Lustgarten. On 7 February 1933, 200,000 people demonstrated against the new Nazi Party regime of Adolf Hitler: shortly afterwards public opposition to the regime was banned. Under the Nazis, the Lustgarten was converted into a site for mass rallies. In 1934, it was paved over and the equestrian statue removed. Hitler addressed mass rallies of up to a million people there.

On 18 May 1942 a resistance group led by Herbert Baum consisting mainly of Jewish men and women, tried to destroy a propaganda exhibition The Soviet Paradise in the Lustgarten. This resulted in the discovery of the group, the death of Baum in Gestapo detention and the execution of at least 27 members of the group. In a "retaliation action," the Reich Main Security Office arrested 500 Jewish men at the end of May, and immediately murdered half of them. A memorial stone made by Jürgen Raue installed in 1981 commemorates the resistance group.In 1944 the statue of Friedrich Wilhelm III by Albert Wolff was melted down to reuse the metal in war production.By the end of World War II in 1945, the Lustgarten was a bomb-pitted wasteland. The German Democratic Republic left Hitler's paving in place, but planted lime trees around the parade ground to reduce its militaristic appearance. The whole area was renamed Marx-Engels-Platz. The City Palace was demolished and later replaced by the modernist Palace of the Republic on part of the site.

A movement to restore the Lustgarten to its earlier role as a park began once Germany was reunified in 1990. In 1997, the Berlin Senate commissioned the landscape architect Hans Loidl to redesign the area in the spirit of Lenné's design and construction work began in 1998. The Lustgarten now features fountains and is once again a park in the heart of a reunited Berlin.

Source: Lustgarten

German Lustgarten (Berlin)

Der Lustgarten ist eine zwei Hektar große Grünfläche auf der Museumsinsel im Berliner Ortsteil Mitte. Im Jahr 1573 von Kurfürst Johann Georg als Küchengarten des Berliner Schlosses angelegt, wurde er im Laufe der Geschichte mehrmals umgestaltet. Dabei erhielt er 1834 eine Granitschale, die zu den beliebtesten Sehenswürdigkeiten Berlins gehört, und 1863 ein Reiterstandbild Friedrich Wilhelms III., das in der Nachkriegszeit zerstört wurde. Zuletzt wurde der Lustgarten 1998–1999 umgestaltet. Begrenzt wird er vom Alten Museum im Norden, vom Berliner Dom im Osten, vom Berliner Schloss im Süden und vom Spreekanal im Westen.

Source: Lustgarten (Berlin)

Polish Lustgarten

Lustgarten – plac, znajdujący się w Berlinie, w dzielnicy Mitte, na Wyspie Muzeów. Od strony zachodniej przylega do brzegu kanału Kupfergraben, po jego północnej stronie leży Stare Muzeum, po wschodniej katedra berlińska, zaś po południowej jedna z fasad odbudowywanego zamku berlińskiego. Na miejscu placu pierwotnie znajdował się ogród przyzamkowy, w późniejszych latach obszar ten był poddawany różnym przekształceniom i przeobrażeniom. Swoją obecną formę Lustgarten uzyskał w latach 1997–1999.

Source: Lustgarten

Russian Люстгартен

Люстга́ртен (нем. Lustgarten — «парк утех») — парк на Музейном острове в центральном Берлине, являлся частью не существующего ныне Городского дворца. В разное время своего существования парк использовался для проведения парадов, массовых демонстраций и как городской парк.

Source: Люстгартен

Spanish Lustgarten

El Lustgarten ("Jardín de Recreo") es un parque situado en la Isla de los Museos en el centro de Berlín, Alemania, cerca del antiguo Palacio Real de Berlín, del que formaba parte originalmente. En diferentes épocas de la historia, se ha usado como campo de desfiles, lugar para mítines masivos y parque público.[1]​

Source: Lustgarten

French Lustgarten

Le Lustgarten [ˈlʊstˌɡaʁtn̩] (« jardin d'agrément ») est un parc sur l'île aux Musées dans le centre de Berlin, près de l'ancien château de Berlin (Berliner Stadtschloss), en cours de reconstruction, dont il faisait partie à l'origine et à proximité de l'avenue Unter den Linden. Suivant les époques, il a servi pour les parades militaires, les ralliements de masse ou comme jardin public.

Source: Lustgarten

Italian Lustgarten

Il Lustgarten (letteralmente "giardino di delizia") è una piazza verde di Berlino.

Si trova in posizione centralissima nel quartiere Mitte, sull'isola della Sprea. Limitrofo alla Schloßplatz, costituisce l'ingresso meridionale all'Isola dei Musei.

Vi sorgono l'Altes Museum, a nord, e il duomo, ad est. Il lato meridionale è occupato dal castello.

Source: Lustgarten

Japanese ルストガルテン

ルストガルテン(Lustgarten)は、ドイツの首都ベルリンの中心部、博物館島(ムゼウムスインゼル)にある庭園。周囲にはベルリン美術館の一部である旧博物館(アルテス・ムゼウム)やベルリン大聖堂が建つ。南側にはベルリン王宮の跡地があるが、かつてはルストガルテンは王宮の庭園であり、その後は閲兵場・大集会場・公園などに使われてきた。

「Lustgarten」は「遊歩庭園」(散策庭園)の意味で、ドイツ各地にルストガルテンと名のつく庭園が残っている。

Source: ルストガルテン

pt Lustgarten

O Lustgarten ("Jardim das Delícias" em português) é um parque na Museumsinsel (Ilha dos Museus) no centro de Berlim, Alemanha, próximo ao sítio do antigo Berliner Stadtschloss (Palácio da Cidade de Berlim), ao qual pertencia originalmente. O Lustgarten, primitivamente um jardim particular, foi utilizado em várias épocas como campo de desfiles, local de comícios e parque público.

Source: Lustgarten

zh 盧斯特花園

盧斯特花園(德語:Lustgarten)是位於德國柏林市中心博物館島的一座公園。這一場所在歷史上曾長期用作閱兵、集會等大型公眾活動的場地。1646年,公園正式啟用現在的名稱。在魏瑪共和國時期,這一花園經常舉辦大規模政治集會。

Source: 盧斯特花園

Places located in Lustgarten

Löwenkämpfer

Löwenkämpfer (English: The Lion Fighter) is an 1858 bronze equestrian statue by Albert Wolff, installed outside the Altes Museum in Berlin, Germany. An 1892 copy stands in front of the Philadelphia Museum of Art. The companion piece is Amazone zu Pferde, also installed outside the Altes Museum.

Loading...
eo Lustgarten (Berlino)he לוסטגארטןja ルストガルテンko 루스트 정원ru Люстгартенsv Lustgarten, Berlinzh 盧斯特花園pnb لست گارتن
Photos:
Image from Wikimedia Commons under CC-BY-SA-3.0 by Achim Raschka