Dorsoduro

One of the six sestieri of Venice, historical neighbourhood

Wikimedia Commons
Wikimedia Commons category: Dorsoduro (Venice)

Geographical coordinates: 45.431 12.326

Wikipedia

English Dorsoduro

Dorsoduro is one of the six sestieri of Venice, in northern Italy.

Dorsoduro includes the highest land areas of the city and also Giudecca island and Isola Sacca Fisola. Its name derives from the Italian for "hard ridge", due to its comparatively high, stable land.

Source: Dorsoduro

German Dorsoduro

Dorsoduro ist ein Stadtteil von Venedig und liegt im südlichen Teil der Altstadt. Das Sestiere hat rund 15.586 Einwohner (Stand 12. Dezember 2007), davon entfallen 4.763 auf Giudecca und 1.535 auf Sacca Fisola, beides im Süden vorgelagerte Inseln. Die kleine Insel Sacca San Biagio westlich von Sacca Fisola ist unbewohnt. Der nördliche Hauptteil erstreckt sich über folgende Pfarreien (von Westen nach Osten), mit Sitz jeweils auf der gleichnamigen Insel (Ausnahmen in Klammern):

San Pantalon

Santa Maria del Rosario vulgo dei Gesuati (mit Basilica della Salute und San Agnese, auf der Insel Academia)

San Gervasio e Protasio vulgo San Trovaso

Sant´Angelo Raffaele (mit San Sebastiano, auf der Insel San Sebastiano)

San Nicolò dei Mendicoli

Santa Maria del Carmelo vulgo dei CarminiHierzu kommen drei weitere Pfarreien auf der Giudecca. Die Fläche beläuft sich auf 92 Hektar.

Der Name leitet sich vom Zustand des Sestiere vor der Besiedlung ab. Dorso duro bedeutet harter Rücken und weist auf den Umstand hin, dass es sich um festen, teilweise felsigen Untergrund handelte, auf dem der Stadtteil errichtet worden ist. Zum Stadtteil Dorsoduro gehören auch die Inseln Giudecca mit den westlich vorgelagerten Inseln Sacca Fisola und Sacca San Biagio, während die östlich vorgelagerte Insel San Giorgio Maggiore zum Sesteriere San Marco gehört.

Dorsoduro zeichnet sich durch seinen Reichtum an sakralen und profanen Prachtbauten aus. Die Bauherren, Architekten und Baumeister konnten zwei lange Uferstreifen (Canal Grande und Zattere) in der Stadt sowie einer auf der Giudecca und die Insel San Giorgio nutzen, um ihre Visionen zu verwirklichen.

Zu den schönsten Profanbauten des Viertels gehört der Palazzo Dario am Canal Grande, am Beginn des Rio delle Torreselle. Er wurde 1479 bei dem Architekten Pietro Lombardo in Auftrag gegeben und 1487 fertiggestellt. Während der Korpus im Stil der italienischen Gotik errichtet wurde, ist die Fassade auf der Kanalseite im Renaissance-Stil erbaut. Der Palazzo gilt als einer der charakteristischsten Paläste der Stadt.

Source: Dorsoduro

Russian Дорсодуро

Дорсодуро (итал. Dorsoduro) — один из шести исторических районов Венеции. Расположен между центром города и лагуной, является самым южным районом.

Район также включает в свой состав острова Джудекка и Сакка-Физола.

Название района переводится с итальянского как «становой хребет» и отражает относительную твёрдость почвы по сравнению с другими районами города.

Центром района является набережная Неисцелимых, проложенная вдоль канала Джудекка. Это южное побережье Венеции застраивалось начиная с VI века.

В XIX веке Мост Академии через Гранд-канал связал Дорсодуро с районом Сан-Марко.

В восточной части района находятся несколько художественных галерей, включая знаменитую Академию и коллекцию Пегги Гуггенхайм. В западной части располагаются жилые кварталы.

Достопримечательностями Дорсодуро являются многочисленные дворцы и церкви (в числе которых базилика Санта-Мария-делла-Салюте), а также площади Санта-Барнаба и Санта-Маргерита.

Source: Дорсодуро

Ukrainian Дорсодуро

Дорсодуро (італ. Dorsoduro) — один з шести історичних районів (сест'єре) Венеції. Розташований між центром міста і лагуною, є найпівденнішим районом.

Район також включає в свій склад острови Джудекка і Сака Фізола.

Назва острова походить від італійського аналогу слова «Становий хребет», що символізує високий рівень землі на якій розташовується район.

Центром району є канал Джудекка, уздовж якого, починаючи з VI століття будувалися будівлі.

У XIX столітті Міст Академії через Гранд-канал пов'язав Дорсодуро з районом Сан-Марко.

Східна частина району заповнена житловими кварталами. У західній частині розташовано декілька художніх галерей, включаючи знамениту Академію.

Визначними пам'ятками району є музей Колекції Пеґґі Ґуґґенхайм, центр сучасного мистецтва Пунта-делла-Догана (у будівлі колишньої митниці), численні палаци і церкви, а також площі Санта-Барнаба і Санта-Маргеріта.

Source: Дорсодуро

cs Dorsoduro

Dorsoduro je jednou ze šesti čtvrtí (sestiere) Benátek, ležící na jihozápadě města. Patří k ní ostrov Giudecca, i část kanálu Grande.

Source: Dorsoduro

Spanish Dorsoduro

Dorsoduro es uno de los seis sestieri de Venecia (Italia). Incluye las zonas más altas de tierra de la ciudad y también la isla de Giudecca y Sacca Fisola. Su nombre deriva del italiano «cresta dura», debido a su tierra, comparativamente alta y estable.

El núcleo original de la zona era el Canal Giudecca, a lo largo del cual fueron construyéndose edificios desde el siglo VI. Para el siglo XI, se había difundido el asentamiento a lo largo del Gran Canal, mientras que edificios religiosos posteriores, incluyendo la Basílica de Santa María de la Salud y el muelle Zattere son actualmente sus principales hitos.

En el siglo XIX, la Academia se estableció en Dorsoduro, y el puente de la Academia la unió con el sestiere de San Marco, haciendo de él una zona cara, popular entre los estudiantes extranjeros, industrializándose su límite occidental y la Giudecca.

Otras atracciones en el barrio sobre las islas principales son el Museo Guggenheim de Venecia, el Palacio Dario, San Trovaso, San Pantalón, San Nicolò da Tolentino, el Ospedale Giustinian, la San Sebastiano, el Palacio Ariani, el Palacio Zenobio, la Iglesia de Santa María del Carmelo y la Scuola Grande dei Carmini, Campo Santa Margherita, Ca' Foscari, Ca' Rezzonico, Palacio Delfín de San Pantaleón (Ca' Dolfin) y Campo San Barnaba.

Source: Dorsoduro

French Dorsoduro

Dorsoduro est un des six sestieri de Venise. Il occupe la partie méridionale de la ville, au sud des sestieri de Santa Croce et San Polo, englobant également les îles situées au sud du canal de la Giudecca (dont l'île de le Giudecca), à l'exception de l'île de San Giorgio Maggiore qui appartient au sestiere de San Marco.

Son nom proviendrait de la nature du terrain, plus ferme que les terres marécageuses environnantes.

Source: Dorsoduro

Italian Dorsoduro

Dorsoduro è uno dei sestieri di Venezia.

Il 12 dicembre 2007 contava 15 586 abitanti (di cui 4 763 alla Giudecca e 1 535 a Sacca Fisola).

Il nome deriverebbe dal fatto che la zona era un tempo caratterizzata da un terreno stabile (dal «dorso duro»), meno paludoso che altrove.

Source: Dorsoduro

pt Dorsoduro

Dorsoduro é o sestiere mais meridional de Veneza. Fica a sul dos sestieri de Santa Croce e San Polo, englobando as ilhas situadas do outro lado do canal da Giudecca, à exceção da ilha de San Giorgio Maggiore que pertence ao sestiere de San Marco.

O seu nome provém da natureza do terreno, mais duro que as terras envolventes.

Source: Dorsoduro

zh 多尔索杜罗区

多尔索杜罗区(Dorsoduro)是威尼斯的六个区之一。

Source: 多尔索杜罗区

Places located in Dorsoduro

Gallerie dell'Accademia

The Gallerie dell'Accademia is a museum gallery of pre-19th-century art in Venice, northern Italy. It is housed in the Scuola della Carità on the south bank of the Grand Canal, within the sestiere of Dorsoduro. It was originally the gallery of the Accademia di Belle Arti di Venezia, the art academy of Venice, from which it became independent in 1879, and for which the Ponte dell'Accademia and the Accademia boat landing station for the vaporetto water bus are named. The two institutions remained in the same building until 2004, when the art school moved to the Ospedale degli Incurabili.

Santa Maria della Salute

Santa Maria della Salute (English: Saint Mary of Health), commonly known simply as the Salute, is a Roman Catholic church and minor basilica located at Punta della Dogana in the Dorsoduro sestiere of the city of Venice, Italy.

It stands on the narrow finger of Punta della Dogana, between the Grand Canal and the Giudecca Canal, at the Bacino di San Marco, making the church visible when entering the Piazza San Marco from the water. The Salute is part of the parish of the Gesuati and is the most recent of the so-called plague churches.

In 1630, Venice experienced an unusually devastating outbreak of the plague. As a votive offering for the city's deliverance from the pestilence, the Republic of Venice vowed to build and dedicate a church to Our Lady of Health (or of Deliverance, Italian: Salute). The church was designed in the then fashionable baroque style by Baldassare Longhena, who studied under the architect Vincenzo Scamozzi. Construction began in 1631. Most of the objects of art housed in the church bear references to the Black Death.

The dome of the Salute was an important addition to the Venice skyline and soon became emblematic of the city, inspiring artists like Canaletto, J. M. W. Turner, John Singer Sargent, and the Venetian artist Francesco Guardi.

Peggy Guggenheim Collection

The Peggy Guggenheim Collection is a modern art museum on the Grand Canal in the Dorsoduro sestiere of Venice, Italy. It is one of the most visited attractions in Venice. The collection is housed in the Palazzo Venier dei Leoni, an 18th-century palace, which was the home of the American heiress Peggy Guggenheim for three decades. She began displaying her private collection of modern artworks to the public seasonally in 1951. After her death in 1979, it passed to the Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation, which opened the collection year-round from 1980.

The collection includes works of prominent Italian futurists and American modernists working in such genres as Cubism, Surrealism and abstract expressionism. It also includes sculptural works. In 2017, Karole Vail, a granddaughter of Peggy Guggenheim, was appointed Director of the collection, succeeding Philip Rylands, who led the museum for 37 years.

Ca' Rezzonico

Ca' Rezzonico (Italian pronunciation: [ˈka rretˈtsɔːniko]) is a palazzo on the Grand Canal in the Dorsoduro sestiere of Venice, Italy. It is a particularly notable example of the 18th century Venetian baroque and rococo architecture and interior decoration, and displays paintings by the leading Venetian painters of the period, including Francesco Guardi and Giambattista Tiepolo. It is a public museum dedicated to 18th-century Venice (Museo del Settecento Veneziano) and one of the 11 venues managed by the Fondazione Musei Civici di Venezia.

Ponte dell'Accademia

The Ponte dell'Accademia is one of only four bridges to span the Grand Canal in Venice, Italy. It crosses near the southern end of the canal, and is named for the Accademia di Belle Arti di Venezia, which from 1807 to 2004 was housed in the Scuola della Carità together with the Gallerie dell'Accademia, which is still there. The bridge links the sestieri of Dorsoduro and San Marco.A bridge on the site was first suggested as early as 1488. The provveditore Luca Trum proposed in the Council to build two bridges across the Grand Canal, one here and the other at Santa Sofia. The members of the Council, however, laughed at him, and the motion was not even put to the vote. The original steel structure, designed by Alfred Neville, opened on 20 November 1854, but was demolished and replaced by a wooden bridge designed by Eugenio Miozzi and opened in 1933, despite widespread hopes for a stone bridge.Lovers have attempted to attach padlocks ("love locks") to the metal hand rails of the bridge, but Venetian authorities have successfully cracked down on this.

Carmini

Santa Maria dei Carmini, also called Santa Maria del Carmelo and commonly known simply as the Carmini, is a large Roman Catholic church in the sestiere, or neighbourhood, of Dorsoduro in Venice, northern Italy. It nestles against the former Scuola Grande di Santa Maria del Carmelo, also known as the Scuola dei Carmini. This charitable confraternity was officially founded in 1597, and arose from a lay women's charitable association, the Pinzocchere dei Carmini. The members of this lay group were associated as tertiaries to the neighbouring Carmelite monastery. They were responsible for stitching the scapulars for the Carmelites.

Punta della Dogana

Punta della Dogana is an art museum in one of Venice's old customs buildings, the Dogana da Mar. It also refers to the triangular area of Venice where the Grand Canal meets the Giudecca Canal, and its collection of buildings: Santa Maria della Salute, (hence the area is also known as Punta della Salute), the Patriarchal Seminary of Venice, and Dogana da Mar at the triangle's tip.

Gesuati

Santa Maria del Rosario (St. Mary of the Rosary), commonly known as I Gesuati, is an 18th-century Dominican church in the Sestiere of Dorsoduro, on the Giudecca canal in Venice, northern Italy. The classical style building has a well-lit interior and is exceptional in preserving its original layout and Rococo decoration intact. The church and almost all its sculpture and paintings were created within a thirty-year period: construction began in 1725, the church was consecrated in 1743, and the last sculptural decoration was in place by 1755.

San Sebastiano

The Chiesa di San Sebastiano (English: Church of Saint Sebastian) is a 16th-century Roman Catholic church located in the Dorsoduro sestiere of the Italian city of Venice. The church houses a cycle of paintings by the artist Paolo Veronese, as well as paintings by Tintoretto and Titian. The church is also a member of the Chorus Association of Venetian churches. It stands on the Campo di San Sebastiano by the Rio di San Basilio, close to the Giudecca Canal. It is one of the five votive churches in Venice, each one built after the passing of a plague through the city. Following construction, the church was dedicated to a saint associated with the disease; in this case St. Sebastian.

Palazzo Loredan Cini

The Palazzo Loredan Cini is a Gothic-style palace located between the Palazzo Balbi Valier and the Rio San Vio on the Grand Canal, in the sestiere of Dorsoduro, Venice, Italy. The palace was formed from the amalgamation of the former Palazzo Foscari-Loredan with the adjacent Palazzo Grimani. The narrow facade on the Canal has no entrance, but the facade to the north on the Rio, has a single water door, and is connected to the adjacent campo by a bridge. The facade is decorated with two poliforas.

Referenced from

part ofGrand Canal
Loading...
el Ντορσοντούροhe דורסודורוja ドルソドゥーロko 도르소두로la Dorsum Durumru Дорсодуроuk Дорсодуроzh 多尔索杜罗区