locality in the borough of Mitte, Berlin, Germany
Wikimedia Commons category: Berlin-Wedding
English Wedding (Berlin)
Wedding (German: der Wedding; pronounced [ˈvɛdɪŋ]) is a locality in the borough of Mitte, Berlin, Germany and was a separate borough in the north-western inner city until it was fused with Tiergarten and Mitte in Berlin's 2001 administrative reform. At the same time the eastern half of the former borough of Wedding—on the other side of Reinickendorfer Straße—was separated as the new locality of Gesundbrunnen.
Source: Wedding (Berlin)
Der Wedding ist ein Ortsteil von Berlin im Bezirk Mitte. Der im 13. Jahrhundert urkundlich erwähnte Wedding war über Jahrhunderte bis ins 18. Jahrhundert nahezu unbesiedelt. Nach der Eingemeindung nach Berlin im Jahr 1861 stieg die Einwohnerzahl des Wedding. Er wurde 1920 namensgebend für den damaligen Bezirk Wedding, der nach der Teilung Berlins zum französischen Sektor West-Berlins gehörte. Der Ortsteil Wedding in seiner heutigen Form entstand 2001 aus dem westlichen Teil des aufgelösten Bezirks.
Polish Wedding (dzielnica Berlina)
Wedding, Berlin-Wedding – dzielnica (Ortsteil) w środkowo-zachodniej części Berlina w okręgu administracyjnym Mitte. Od 1 stycznia 1861 w granicach miasta.
Source: Wedding (dzielnica Berlina)
Ве́ддинг (нем. der Wedding) — район Берлина в составе округа Митте.
Berlin-Wedding [ˈvɛdɪŋ] est le nom d'un quartier du centre-nord de Berlin, capitale d'Allemagne, l'un des six quartiers qui composent l'arrondissement de Mitte. Avant des réformes administratives de 2001, il formait le district de Wedding avec l'actuel quartier de Gesundbrunnen, faisant partie de la zone d'occupation française de Berlin qui lors de la séparation de la ville, se trouvait dans les secteurs d'ouest.
Italian Wedding (Berlino)
Il Wedding è un quartiere (Ortsteil) di Berlino, appartenente al distretto (Bezirk) di Mitte.
Source: Wedding (Berlino)
pt Wedding (Berlim)
Wedding é uma localidade de Berlim que pertence ao bairro Mitte. O distrito atual foi formado em 2001 na Reforma Administrativa de Berlim e pertencia anteriormente a Berlim Ocidental.
== Referências ==
Source: Wedding (Berlim)
Places located in Wedding
Rehberge is a station in the Wedding district of Berlin which serves the U 6 line and is operated by the BVG. The station is named for Volkspark Rehberge, the large public park approximately 500m away, a name which literally translates as 'Deer Mountains'. The station was opened on 3 May 1956 (designed by B. Grimmek), along with the rest of the route between Seestraße and Kurt-Schumacher-Platz.The subway station Rehberge is part of the so-called "Müllerstraße subway", an extension of the former C-Nord line in the direction of Tegel. The expansion covered around 2.4 kilometers and provided for three stations. Starting point was the subway station Seestraße.
For the first time the extension of the line to the north was proposed in April 1929 by Ernst Reuter, the then Berlin City Council for Transport. Already in July 1929, the expansion began, but had to be discontinued in the fall of 1930 because of the triggered by the Great Depression financial crisis in Berlin.
After the Second World War, Ernst Reuter, now Governing Mayor of Berlin, proposed the further expansion of the line. In August 1953, the Senate, using the preparatory work of 1929/1930, decided to extend the line to Tegel. On May 3, 1956, the route extension was opened.
The architectural design of the stations along the new line was carried out by Senate building director Bruno Grimmek, which was based on older designs by Alfred Grenander for other routes. The platforms were each centrally located, are about eight meters wide and have central supports with hexagonal profile.
The subway station Rehberge - originally the names Goethepark and Otawistraße were intended for the station - has a central platform and in the mezzanine a lobby. At both ends of the platforms there are two entrances each. The central supports on the platform have a hexagonal profile. Until the renovation they were covered with yellow (visually similar to the terrazzo) stones, the walls of the subway station with mint green ceramic tiles. The name of the station is in capital letters mounted directly on the tiles of the wall paneling, the lighting - at that time a novelty - was made from the beginning by neon lamps.
From autumn 2009 Rehberge underground station was renovated. An elevator has been in operation since December 1, 2010, providing barrier-free access, with costs of around 900,000 euros. The walls were tiled anew with large, light green ceramic tiles. Instead of the advertising space, photos were taken showing the surroundings of the station in earlier times. The pillars received dark green tiles. The vestibules and access buildings were redesigned with green and Rehmotiven. The original asphalt platform pavement was replaced by natural stone slabs and a blind guidance system was installed.
Rehberge station is located towards the northern end of the Müllerstraße, one of Wedding's principal shopping streets and thoroughfares. It serves a relatively densely populated area of Berlin.
Volkspark Rehberge is a public park in Wedding, a locality of Mitte, Berlin, Germany. The park was created and constructed from 1922–1929. The park covers approximately 78 hectares (190 acres). Together with Goethepark, which is located immediately south-east of the park, the total park landscape is approximately 115 hectares (280 acres). To the south-west is the Plötzensee and its surrounding park. The park borders on the Afrikanisches Viertel. In addition to large meadows and pedestrian and bicycle paths, the park also offers animal enclosures, playgrounds, a toboggan run with a 20 metres (66 ft) height difference, sports fields, concessions, and an open-air theatre.
Since 1953, portions of the parks have been designated as a protected nature area. The landscape of the park dates back to the Last Glacial Maximum (ca. 20,000 years ago), containing inland dunes and a post-glacial iceway, which is now a chain of three long, narrow lakes. The park also contains several larger sporting areas. Stadion Rehberge is the home stadium for BSC Rehberge 1945, a Berlin sports club. The park also lends its name to the nearby subway station Rehberge.
The Sugar Museum in Berlin, devoted to the history and technology of sugar, is the oldest such museum in the world, having opened in 1904. It is now part of the German Museum of Technology. Until November 2012, it was housed in the Institut für Lebensmitteltechnologie (Institute of Food Technology) in Wedding, Mitte.
Exhibits were labelled in German only, although an English-language pamphlet describing them was also available. Lonely Planet called the Sugar Museum "quirky... a surprisingly entertaining exhibit where you’ll learn all about the origin of sugar and its chemistry."Since November 2012, the Sugar Museum has been closed, but a modernised exhibit opened at the German Museum of Technology in Kreuzberg in November 2015.
Capernaum Church (German: Kapernaum-Kirche) is one of the two places of worship of the Lutheran Capernaum Congregation, a member of the Evangelical Church of Berlin-Brandenburg-Silesian Upper Lusatia, an umbrella comprising Lutheran, Calvinist (Reformed) and united Protestant congregations. The church is located on Seestraße No. 34 in the locality of Wedding, in Berlin's borough of Mitte. The church was named after Capernaum, today Kfar Nachum כפר נחום (literally "Nachum's village"; transliteration in Greek: Kαφαρναουμ and in Latin: Capernaum) in today's Israel.
Christians revere the town of Capernaum, since on Sabbaths Jesus of Nazareth used to teach in the local synagogue (cf. Gospel of Luke 4:31–44). The synagogue where Jesus possibly taught is a handsome, standing ruin open to visitors. Therefore, it is likely that the town has been the home of Jesus (cf. Gospel of Matthew 4:13), at least for some time. In Capernaum also, Jesus allegedly healed a man, and a fever in Simon Peter's mother-in-law.
The Panke is a small river in Brandenburg and Berlin, a right tributary of the Spree, originating from the Barnim plateau. It has a length of 29 km, of which 20,2 are within the area of Berlin. Consequently, the Panke is the third longest river in the city after the Spree and the Havel.
The Pankow area of Berlin is named after the river Panke.
Berlin-Wedding is a station in the Wedding locality of Berlin and serves the S-Bahn lines and and the U-Bahn line .
Plötzensee (German: [ˈplœtsənzeː] (listen)) is a small glacial lake in Berlin. It is situated in the former borough of Wedding, now a part of Mitte, adjacent to the public park Volkspark Rehberge. The name stems from Plötze, one name for the roach in German, as the lake formerly teemed with it.
Plötzensee is part of a chain of lakes stretching from the northeast to the Spree valley, formed in the last ice age. Until 1443, the nunnery of St. Mary at Spandau had the rights to the lake, but these were eventually assumed by the Prussian treasury. In 1817, the city of Berlin bought the lake and leased the rights to the shoreline and fishing.
The first public bath opened about 1850 and over the years, there have been an army sporting ground, a man-made beach (photo), an inn, and the conversion of the shore into a public park in the 1920s.
Plötzensee also gives its name to Plötzensee Prison, built nearby in the 19th century, which reached its height of notoriety in the time of Nazi Germany.
The Prime Time Theater is a modern Volkstheater ("People's Theater") in Berlin’s Wedding district. The name of the theater derives from the fact that the time the play starts marks the beginning of prime time.
Nauener Platz is a Berlin U-Bahn station located on the U 9. The square that gives it its name is named after the city of Nauen.
It was opened in 1976 by Rümmler. The colors of the station are a reference to the French tricolore as the part of Berlin where the station is, was a part of the French sector.
Leopoldplatz is a Berlin U-Bahn station in the Wedding district which serves as an interchange between the lines U 6 and U 9. It is operated by the BVG.
Seestraße is a station in the Wedding district of Berlin which serves the and is operated by the BVG. It lies at the busy intersection of Müllerstraße and Seestraße, which are two of Wedding's principal shopping streets and thoroughfares.
Afrikanische Straße is a station in the Wedding district of Berlin which serves the line and is operated by the BVG. The station is located under the Müllerstraße, one of the district's major shopping streets and thoroughfares, but named for another major street nearby. The BVG uses the station under the internal abbreviation Afr ; The train station is 631 meters from the Kurt-Schumacher-Platz U-Bahn Station and 587 meters from the Rehberge U-Bahn Station.
Originally, the station was not in the plans for the expansion. But the post-war development as well as the Friedrich Ebert settlement built between 1929 and 1931 justified a station. It opened on 3 May 1956, along with the rest of the route between Seestraße and Kurt-Schumacher-Platz. There is a bus depot of the BVG near the station and it is often used by staff for access to the depot.
The BVG leads the station under the internal abbreviation Afr ; The train station is 631 meters from the Kurt Schumacher Platz Underground Station and 587 meters from the Rehberge Underground Station.
In the course of a basic renovation, the station received new and larger wall tiles in 2016 , which are light blue. The former advertising space on the siding walls now carry dark blue bordered African motifs, as well as the departures from the mezzanine floors. The previous suffix Friedrich-Ebert-Siedlung (settlement) is no longer used.
Reinickendorfer Straße is a Berlin U-Bahn station located on the .
Amrumer Straße is a Berlin U-Bahn station located on the .
It was opened in 1961 and constructed by B. Grimmek. The name of the nearby hospital, Rudolf Virchow Hospital (Rudolf-Virchow-Krankenhaus), was part of the name until the end of the 1980s. Today it is still an important station for visitors of the hospital.