locality of Berlin
Wikimedia Commons category: Berlin-Tempelhof
Tempelhof is a locality of Berlin within the borough of Tempelhof-Schöneberg. It is the location of the former Tempelhof Airport, one of the earliest commercial airports in the world. It is now deserted and shows as a blank spot on maps of Berlin. Attempts are being made to save the still-existing buildings.
The Tempelhof locality is located in the south-central part of the city. Before Berlin's 2001 administrative reform, the area of Tempelhof, together with the localities of Mariendorf, Marienfelde, and Lichtenrade, constituted a borough of its own, also called Tempelhof. These localities grew from historic villages on the Teltow plateau founded in the early 13th century in the course of the German Ostsiedlung.
Tempelhof ist ein Ortsteil im siebten Berliner Bezirk Tempelhof-Schöneberg. Bis zur Verwaltungsreform 2001 gab es einen eigenständigen Bezirk Tempelhof, der als 13. Bezirk die Ortsteile Mariendorf, Marienfelde, Lichtenrade und den namensgebenden Ortsteil Tempelhof umfasste.
Polish Tempelhof (dzielnica Berlina)
Tempelhof, Berlin-Tempelhof – dzielnica (Ortsteil) Berlina w okręgu administracyjnym Tempelhof-Schöneberg. Od 1 października 1920 w granicach miasta.
Source: Tempelhof (dzielnica Berlina)
Те́мпельхоф (нем. Tempelhof) — район в седьмом административном округе Берлина Темпельхоф-Шёнеберг. До административной реформы 2001 года в Берлине существовал самостоятельный административный округ Темпельхоф, в который входили современные районы Темпельхоф, Мариендорф, Мариенфельде и Лихтенраде.
Район Темпельхоф находится на северо-востоке округа. Он граничит на западе с районом Шёнеберг, на юго-востоке — со Штеглицем, на юге — с Мариендорфом, на юго-востоке — с Брицем, на востоке — с Нойкёльном, и на севере — с Кройцбергом.
Те́мпельгоф (нім. Tempelhof — подвір'я храму) — район у сьомому адміністративному окрузі Берліна Темпельгоф-Шенеберг. До адміністративної реформи 2001 року Темпельгоф був самостійним округом, до якого також входили сучасні райони Марієндорф, Марієнфельде і Ліхтенраде.
Район Темпельгоф знаходиться на північному сході округу. Він межує на заході з Шенебергом, на південному сході — з Штегліцем, на півдні — з Марієндорфом, на південному сході — з Бріцем, на сході — з Нойкельном, і на півночі — з Кройцбергом.
Berlin-Tempelhof [ˈtɛmpl̩hoːf] est un quartier de Berlin, faisant partie de l'arrondissement de Tempelhof-Schöneberg. Jusqu'à la réforme de l'administration de 2001, il constituait l'ancien district de Tempelhof, réunissant des quartiers plus petits tels que Mariendorf, Marienfelde, Lichtenrade et Tempelhof. Pendant la séparation de la ville, ce district faisait alors partie de Berlin-Ouest. Par cette réforme, il fusionna avec le district de Schöneberg pour former l'arrondissement actuel.
Le nom de Tempelhof (« cour au Temple ») vient de l'ordre des Templiers.
Tempelhof è un quartiere (Ortsteil) di Berlino, appartenente al distretto (Bezirk) di Tempelhof-Schöneberg.
Qui sorgeva il più centrale aeroporto della città, teatro dello storico ponte aereo. L'aeroporto è divenuto un parco nel 2008.
Tempelhof é uma localidade de Berlim no bairro de Tempelhof-Schöneberg. É a localização do antigo Aeroporto de Tempelhof, um dos primeiros aeroportos comerciais do mundo, que agora está deserto e mostra como um ponto em branco nos mapas de Berlim. Tentativas estão sendo feitas para salvar os edifícios ainda existentes. No início do século XIX, Tempelhof ainda era uma aldeia fora da capital alemã propriamente dita.
== Referências ==
滕珀爾霍夫（德語：Tempelhof，德语：[ˈtɛmpl̩hoːf] （ 聆聽））是德國柏林滕珀尔霍夫-舍讷贝格区的一个下属區。這裡是世界最初的商業機場之一柏林-滕珀爾霍夫機場的所在地。滕珀爾霍夫位於柏林市區的中南部，在2001年柏林行政區劃改革之前，滕珀爾霍夫为柏林的区之一，后与舍讷贝格合并为滕珀尔霍夫-舍讷贝格区。
Places located in Tempelhof
Berlin Tempelhof Airport (German: Flughafen Berlin-Tempelhof) (IATA: THF, ICAO: EDDI) was one of the first airports in Berlin, Germany. Situated in the south-central Berlin borough of Tempelhof-Schöneberg, the airport ceased operating in 2008 amid controversy, leaving Tegel and Schönefeld as the two main airports serving the city, with the new Berlin Brandenburg Airport still under construction as of 2020.
Tempelhof was designated as an airport by the Reich Ministry of Transport on 8 October 1923. The old terminal was originally constructed in 1927. In anticipation of increasing air traffic, the Nazi government began a massive reconstruction in the mid-1930s. While it was occasionally cited as the world's oldest operating commercial airport, the title was disputed by several other airports, and is no longer an issue since its closure.
Tempelhof was one of Europe's three iconic pre-World War II airports, the others being London's now defunct Croydon Airport and the old Paris–Le Bourget Airport. It acquired a further iconic status as the centre of the Berlin Airlift of 1948–49. One of the airport's most distinctive features is its massive, canopy-style roof extending over the apron, able to accommodate most contemporary airliners in the 1950s, 1960s and early 1970s, protecting passengers from the elements. Tempelhof Airport's main building was once among the top 20 largest buildings on earth; in contrast, it formerly had the world's smallest duty-free shop.Tempelhof Airport closed all operations on 30 October 2008, despite the efforts of some protesters to prevent the closure. A non-binding referendum was held on 27 April 2008 against the impending closure but failed due to low voter turnout. The former airfield has subsequently been used as a recreational space known as Tempelhofer Feld. In September 2015 it was announced that Tempelhof would also become an emergency refugee camp.
Tempelhof-Schöneberg (German pronunciation: [ˈtɛmpl̩hoːf ˈʃøːnəˌbɛʁk]) is the seventh borough of Berlin, formed in 2001 by merging the former boroughs of Tempelhof and Schöneberg. Situated in the south of the city it shares borders with the boroughs of Mitte and Friedrichshain-Kreuzberg in the north, Charlottenburg-Wilmersdorf and Steglitz-Zehlendorf in the west as well as Neukölln in the east.
Tempelhof is a railway station in the district of Berlin with the same name. It is served by the S-Bahn lines S 41, S 42, S 45 and S 46 and the U-Bahn line U 6. The S-Bahn station is on an embankment at the junction of Tempelhofer Damm and Bundesautobahn 100, about 1 km south of the entrance to the former Tempelhof Airport. The U-Bahn station, officially called Tempelhof (Südring) (South Ring), is under Tempelhofer Damm immediately south of the S-Bahn station.
Tempelhofer Feld (English: Templehof Field) historically was an area in Berlin used for military practice, and as a parade ground of the Berlin garrison. It belonged to the Tempelhofer uplands on the Teltow plateau, in the south of Berlin. Tempelhofer Feld is closely linked to German military and aviation history, as well as German soccer history. Today it is a developed area, with the exception of the Tempelhofer Feld park on the site of the former Tempelhof Airport.
Attilastraße station is on the Berlin–Dresden railway in the district of Tempelhof in the Berlin borough of Tempelhof-Schöneberg. It is served by Berlin S-Bahn line S2. It was opened in 1895 under the name of Mariendorf and electrified in 1939. It was renamed Attilastraße in 1992.
The Schwerbelastungskörper (German: "heavy load-bearing body"; a.k.a. Großbelastungskörper - GBK) is a hefty concrete cylinder located at the intersection of Dudenstraße, General-Pape-Straße, and Loewenhardtdamm in the northwestern part of the borough of Tempelhof in Berlin, Germany. It was built by Hitler's chief architect Albert Speer to determine the feasibility of constructing large buildings on the area's marshy, sandy ground. Erected between 1941 and 1942 it was meant to test the ground for a massive triumphal arch on a nearby plot. The arch, in the style of the Nazi architectural movement, was to be about three times as large as the Arc de Triomphe in Paris. It was one component of a plan to redesign the center of Berlin as an imposing, monumental capital reflecting the spirit of the Nazi Germany as envisioned by Hitler.The Schwerbelastungskörper was built by Dyckerhoff & Widmann AG in 1941 at a cost of 400,000 Reichsmark. At the fixed exchange rate of 4.2 RM per USD, 400,000 RM was worth $95,200, which is equivalent to $1,290,000 in 2019. It consists of a foundation with a diameter of 11 m (36 ft) that reaches 18.2 m (60 ft) into the ground and contains rooms which once housed instruments to measure ground subsidence caused by the weight of the cylinder, which was estimated as equivalent to the load calculated for one pillar of the intended arch. On this foundation a cylinder 14 m (46 ft) high and 21 m (69 ft) in diameter weighing 12,650 tonnes was erected at street level. The entire construction puts 1.24 MPa (180 psi) of pressure on an area of 100 m2 (1,100 sq ft). If it were to sink less than 6 cm (2.4 in), the soil would be deemed sound enough for further construction without additional stabilization. The cylinder itself was to be subsequently buried under an artificial hill upon which the triumphal arch was to be erected, enabling a panoramic view down a new wide north-south axis to a huge assembly hall to be constructed near, and dwarfing the Brandenburg Gate.Work on the new capital was soon discontinued because of World War II and measurements at the cylinder ceased in June 1944. An analysis of the meticulous measurements only took place in 1948, revealing that the cylinder had sunk some 19 cm (7.5 in) after two and a half years. The arch as conceived by Speer could only have been built after considerable prior stabilization of the ground.
Removal of the cylinder was considered after the war to create new building sites, but because of its mass as well as nearby train tracks and apartment buildings the structure could not be safely demolished with explosives. Measurements of the subsidence were resumed and continued until 1977 under the auspices of the Technical University of Berlin as part of a project to compile data about the city's geologic foundation. Since 1995 the monumental cylinder has been protected as a historic monument. It is open to the public for viewing and guided tours.
Platz der Luftbrücke is a landmarked square and transport node in Berlin, Germany, on the border between the localities of Tempelhof and Kreuzberg. The entrance to the former Tempelhof International Airport is on the square. The buildings around the square are now mostly government agencies, in particular police headquarters. The name of the square commemorates the Berlin airlift of 1948/49 (German: Luftbrücke, 'air bridge') in which Tempelhof was the main airfield used; the Berlin Airlift Monument is in the square.
Alt-Tempelhof (Old Tempelhof) is a Berlin U-Bahn station on the U 6. It is located under Tempelhofer Damm in the centre of the former village of Tempelhof, now a Berlin district within the borough of Tempelhof-Schöneberg. The station opened on 28 February 1966.
Paradestraße is a Berlin U-Bahn station on the line. It was opened in 1927 as Flughafen (airport) and at that time provided the world's first direct connection between a metro system and an airport (Tempelhof Airport).
Ullsteinstraße is a Berlin U-Bahn station located on the line. The station was designed by R. G. Rümmler and opened in 1966.
The station is located below B96, where it crosses the Teltow Canal via the Stubenrauch Bridge. The U6 crosses the canal on the eastern bridge, which carries the northbound lanes of the road, in a concrete box below the road deck. A portion of Ullsteinstraße station is, therefore, elevated above the river on the bridge. This configuration limits the clearance available to boats on the canal.
Kaiserin-Augusta-Straße is a Berlin U-Bahn station located on the . Opened in 1966 by R. G. Rümmler, it has direct access to a department store.