borough of Berlin, Germany
Wikimedia Commons category: Tempelhof-Schöneberg
Tempelhof-Schöneberg (German pronunciation: [ˈtɛmpl̩hoːf ˈʃøːnəˌbɛʁk]) is the seventh borough of Berlin, formed in 2001 by merging the former boroughs of Tempelhof and Schöneberg. Situated in the south of the city it shares borders with the boroughs of Mitte and Friedrichshain-Kreuzberg in the north, Charlottenburg-Wilmersdorf and Steglitz-Zehlendorf in the west as well as Neukölln in the east.
German Bezirk Tempelhof-Schöneberg
Tempelhof-Schöneberg ist der siebte Verwaltungsbezirk von Berlin. Am 31. Dezember 2020 hatte er 350.984 Einwohner.
Im Jahr 2001 ist der Bezirk im Rahmen der Verwaltungsreform durch Fusion der bisherigen Bezirke Tempelhof und Schöneberg entstanden. Sitz des Bezirksamtes ist das Rathaus Schöneberg.
Das Mercedes-Benz-Werk im Süden des Bezirks zählt zu den größten privaten Arbeitgebern der Stadt Berlin. Am Bahnhof Südkreuz hat sich mit dem EUREF-Quartier ein Zentrum für die Energiewirtschaft etabliert.
Bekannt ist der Berliner Bezirk für das Tempelhofer Feld (ehemaliger Flughafen Tempelhof) als Naherholungsgebiet und für den Ortsteil Schöneberg mit seiner homosexuellen Szene im sogenannten Regenbogenkiez.
Source: Bezirk Tempelhof-Schöneberg
Tempelhof-Schöneberg – siódmy okręg administracyjny (Bezirk) Berlina. Liczy ponad 345 000 mieszkańców. Powstał w 2001 z połączenia dwóch okręgów administracyjnych Berlina Zachodniego: Tempelhof i Schöneberga. Siedziba administracji okręgu znajduje się w ratuszu Schöneberg. Za okręg odpowiedzialne są sądy powszechne Schöneberg i Tempelhof-Kreuzberg, a sprawami finansowymi zajmują się urzędy skarbowe Schöneberg i Tempelhof. Okręg znany jest przede wszystkim z dawnego lotniska Berlin-Tempelhof, które obecnie służy za największy teren wypoczynkowy w mieście, a także ze swojej dzielnicy Schöneberg, która jest zamieszkała przez pary homoseksualne.
Те́мпельхоф-Шёнеберг (нем. Tempelhof-Schöneberg) — седьмой административный округ Берлина, образованный в 2001 г. путём слияния округов Темпельхоф и Шёнеберг. Управленческие органы округа расположены в Ратуше Шёнеберга. Бургомистр округа — Эккехард Банд (СДПГ).
Те́мпельгоф-Шенеберг (нім. Tempelhof-Schöneberg) — сьомий адміністративний округ Берліна, утворений у 2001 році шляхом злиття округів Темпельгоф і Шенеберг. Управлінські органи округу розташовані в Ратуші Шенеберга.
Tempelhof-Schöneberg es el séptimo distrito de Berlín, Alemania. Este distrito se formó en 2001 por la fusión de los distritos de Tempelhof y Schöneberg. Este distrito se sitúa al sur de la ciudad y comparte fronteras con los distritos de Mitte y Friedrichshain-Kreuzberg, con los distritos de Charlottenburg-Wilmersdorf y Steglitz-Zehlendorf al oeste y con Neukölln hacia el este. Al sur hace fronteras con el estado de Brandeburgo.
French Arrondissement de Tempelhof-Schöneberg
Tempelhof-Schöneberg [ˈtɛmpl̩hoːf ˈʃøːnəˌbɛʁk] est le 7e arrondissement administratif (Bezirk) de Berlin. Il fut formé en 2001 à la suite de la fusion des anciens districts de Tempelhof et de Schöneberg.
Il abritait l'aéroport de Tempelhof, fermé en 2008 et converti en un gigantesque espace vert de 380 hectares en 2010.
Italian Distretto di Tempelhof-Schöneberg
Il distretto di Tempelhof-Schöneberg è il settimo distretto (Bezirk) di Berlino.
テンペルホーフ＝シェーネベルク区 (ドイツ語: Bezirk Tempelhof-Schöneberg) はドイツの首都、ベルリン州（都市州）の行政区である。区コード番号は07であり、人口は約35万人である。2001年の行政改革の一環として、旧テンペルホーフ区と旧シェーネベルク区が合併し成立した。
Tempelhof-Schöneberg é o sétimo distrito de Berlim, formado em 2001 pela fusão dos antigos bairros de Tempelhof e Schöneberg. Situado no sul da cidade ele compartilha fronteiras com os bairros de Mitte e Friedrichshain-Kreuzberg no norte, Charlottenburg-Wilmersdorf e Steglitz-Zehlendorf no oeste, bem como Neukölln no leste.
Em 2010, o bairro tinha uma população de 335.060, dos quais cerca de 105.000 (31%) eram de origem não-alemã. As maiores minorias étnicas eram turcos, que constituíam 7% da população; poloneses (4%); iugoslavos (3%); árabes (2,5%); afro-alemães (1,5%) e russos (1,3%).
== Referências ==
Places located in Tempelhof-Schöneberg
Berlin Tempelhof Airport (German: Flughafen Berlin-Tempelhof) (IATA: THF, ICAO: EDDI) was one of the first airports in Berlin, Germany. Situated in the south-central Berlin borough of Tempelhof-Schöneberg, the airport ceased operating in 2008 amid controversy, leaving Tegel and Schönefeld as the two main airports serving the city, with the new Berlin Brandenburg Airport still under construction as of 2020.
Tempelhof was designated as an airport by the Reich Ministry of Transport on 8 October 1923. The old terminal was originally constructed in 1927. In anticipation of increasing air traffic, the Nazi government began a massive reconstruction in the mid-1930s. While it was occasionally cited as the world's oldest operating commercial airport, the title was disputed by several other airports, and is no longer an issue since its closure.
Tempelhof was one of Europe's three iconic pre-World War II airports, the others being London's now defunct Croydon Airport and the old Paris–Le Bourget Airport. It acquired a further iconic status as the centre of the Berlin Airlift of 1948–49. One of the airport's most distinctive features is its massive, canopy-style roof extending over the apron, able to accommodate most contemporary airliners in the 1950s, 1960s and early 1970s, protecting passengers from the elements. Tempelhof Airport's main building was once among the top 20 largest buildings on earth; in contrast, it formerly had the world's smallest duty-free shop.Tempelhof Airport closed all operations on 30 October 2008, despite the efforts of some protesters to prevent the closure. A non-binding referendum was held on 27 April 2008 against the impending closure but failed due to low voter turnout. The former airfield has subsequently been used as a recreational space known as Tempelhofer Feld. In September 2015 it was announced that Tempelhof would also become an emergency refugee camp.
Schöneberg (German: [ˈʃøːnəˌbɛʁk] (listen)) is a locality of Berlin, Germany. Until Berlin's 2001 administrative reform it was a separate borough including the locality of Friedenau. Together with the former borough of Tempelhof it is now part of the new borough of Tempelhof-Schöneberg.
Wittenbergplatz is a square in the central Schöneberg district of Berlin, Germany. One of the main plazas in the "City West" area, it is known for the large Kaufhaus des Westens (KaDeWe) department store on its southwestern side.
It was laid out between 1889 and 1892 in the course of the urban development in the western suburbs of Berlin's Wilhelmine Ring according to the Hobrecht-Plan. The square was then part of a major boulevard running from Kreuzberg to Charlottenburg with numerous sections named after victorious commanders in the German Campaign during the Napoleonic Wars, colloquially called Generalszug. The westernmost section was named Tauentzienstraße after General Bogislav von Tauentzien, who had received the honorific title von Wittenberg after the storming of the French-occupied town of Wittenberg on 14 February 1814 (although General Lieutenant Leopold Wilhelm von Dobschütz had actually led the Prussian troops). Therefore, the adjacent square got the name Wittenbergplatz
Since then, the square forms the eastern terminus of Tauentzienstraße, today a major shopping street, connecting it with Breitscheidplatz in the west. In 1902 Wittenbergplatz station opened on the first Berlin U-Bahn line (Stammstrecke); ten years later, it was rebuilt including an impressive entrance hall in the centre of the square, designed by Alfred Grenander. The KaDeWe department store opened in 1907 on the corner of Wittenbergplatz and Tauentzienstraße, it is today the largest department store in Continental Europe. The northern side of the square is home to street markets four times a week. The south side of the square features the fountain Lebensalter.
Tempelhof is a locality of Berlin within the borough of Tempelhof-Schöneberg. It is the location of the former Tempelhof Airport, one of the earliest commercial airports in the world. It is now deserted and shows as a blank spot on maps of Berlin. Attempts are being made to save the still-existing buildings.
The Tempelhof locality is located in the south-central part of the city. Before Berlin's 2001 administrative reform, the area of Tempelhof, together with the localities of Mariendorf, Marienfelde, and Lichtenrade, constituted a borough of its own, also called Tempelhof. These localities grew from historic villages on the Teltow plateau founded in the early 13th century in the course of the German Ostsiedlung.
The Neues Schauspielhaus (English: New Theatre) at 5 Nollendorfplatz in the Schöneberg district of Berlin was built in 1905 as a theatre and concert hall (the Mozartsaal) in the then-fashionable Art Nouveau style. In 1911 the Mozartsaal was converted into a cinema with 925 seats.From the beginning of World War I the theatre turned into an operetta stage until in 1927, Erwin Piscator and Tilla Durieux opened their Theater am Nollendorfplatz in the building. Piscator created critical performances by playwrights like Ernst Toller and Walter Mehring, with artists like Bertolt Brecht, George Grosz and John Heartfield at times working with him. Piscator's theater went bankrupt in 1929, and he emigrated in 1931. After the Nazi takeover the house became an operetta theatre once again, now under the direction of Harald Paulsen.
While the auditorium was destroyed in World War II, the facade as well as the cinema survived and in 1951 was renamed the Metropol. Since 1977 it has been used as a discothèque and became a famous music club during the 1980s heyday of West Berlin, frequented by bands like Depeche Mode, Morrissey, The Cross, The Human League and Front 242. For a short time in 2000 it was the location of the KitKatClub and in 2005 the architect Hans Kollhoff remodeled the interior as the Goya night club. In 2019 it was reopened as the Metropol.
The Kaufhaus des Westens (German for "Department Store of the West"), usually abbreviated to KaDeWe, is a department store in Berlin. With over 60,000 square metres of selling space and more than 380,000 articles available, it is the second largest department store in Europe after Harrods in London. It attracts 40,000 to 50,000 visitors every day.
The store is located on Tauentzienstraße, a major shopping street, between Wittenbergplatz and Breitscheidplatz, near the centre of the former West Berlin. It is technically in the extreme northwest of the neighbourhood of Schöneberg.
Since 2015, KaDeWe has been owned by the Central Group, a Thailand-based international department store conglomerate.
Tempelhof is a railway station in the district of Berlin with the same name. It is served by the S-Bahn lines S 41, S 42, S 45 and S 46 and the U-Bahn line U 6. The S-Bahn station is on an embankment at the junction of Tempelhofer Damm and Bundesautobahn 100, about 1 km south of the entrance to the former Tempelhof Airport. The U-Bahn station, officially called Tempelhof (Südring) (South Ring), is under Tempelhofer Damm immediately south of the S-Bahn station.
Mariendorf is a locality in the southern Tempelhof-Schöneberg borough of Berlin.
Alt-Mariendorf is a Berlin U-Bahn station located on the U 6 line. It serves as the current southern terminus of the line. It was opened in 1966.
The architect of the station was R. G. Rümmler. The walls are covered with white tiles, and on the southern entrance, wood was used as a reference to the nearby church.The station has a central platform with two exits. The outputs lead to two separate intermediate levels. On the southern intermediate level are three smaller shops. The underground station has one elevator between the platform and the southern intermediate level as well as the street and is therefore barrier-free . The design of the station was carried out by Rainer G. Rümmler . The walls are provided with large white ceramic tiles , while the center columns with natural stonewere disguised. The opening took place on 28 February 1966 in the course of the extension of the then line C II of Tempelhof (Südring) to Alt-Mariendorf instead. The day after, the line was renamed line 6.
At the end of 2018, the station was put together along with twelve other stations of West Berlin subway construction during the 1960s and 1970s under monument protection.
Tempelhofer Feld (English: Templehof Field) historically was an area in Berlin used for military practice, and as a parade ground of the Berlin garrison. It belonged to the Tempelhofer uplands on the Teltow plateau, in the south of Berlin. Tempelhofer Feld is closely linked to German military and aviation history, as well as German soccer history. Today it is a developed area, with the exception of the Tempelhofer Feld park on the site of the former Tempelhof Airport.
Berlin-Friedenau is a railway station in Berlin, Germany. Though it is named after the nearby Friedenau locality, the station officially is located in the southern area of the Schöneberg district. It was opened in 1891 with the Wannseebahn rapid transit railway. Today it is served by the S1 line of the Berlin S-Bahn.
Berlin Südkreuz (in English, literally: Berlin South Cross) is a railway station in the German capital Berlin. The station was originally opened in 1898 and is an interchange station. The Berlin Ringbahn line of the Berlin S-Bahn metro railway is situated on the upper level and connects to the east and west, whilst the Anhalter Bahn and Dresdner Bahn intercity railway routes reach the station on the lower, north-south level. The station was extensively rebuilt between the late 1990s and 2006, and was renamed Berlin Südkreuz on 28 May 2006.
Berlin-Schöneberg (in German Bahnhof Berlin-Schöneberg) is a railway station in the district of Schöneberg, in the city of Berlin, Germany. It is a two-level exchange station serving the Wannseebahn suburban and the Ringbahn circular lines of the Berlin S-Bahn, with the lower level serving the Wannseebahn and the upper level the Ringbahn. The station lies just south of the Dominicusstraße and Sachsendamm streets, where local bus stops allow changing between S-Bahn and busses.
The Schöneberg station was opened on 1 March 1933 as a two-level exchange station between the Wannseebahn suburban line and the Berlin Ringbahn circular railway, in the course of the electrification of the Wannseebahn suburban line. Its Ringbahn level replaced the older Ebersstraße station on the Ringbahn, which was located slightly further west. The entry of the closed station was kept as entry to the western end of the Ringbahn platform of the new exchange station.The closure of the Ebersstraße station gave room for the building of the new Berlin Innsbrucker Platz station, opened on 1 July 1933, further west, on the Schloßstraße - Hauptstraße - Potsdamer Straße thoroughfare, with direct connection to the Schöneberg underground U-Bahn. With the opening of this new Schöneberg station, the old Schöneberg station which was located just north of the bridge which is now called Julius-Leber-Brücke was renamed to Kolonnenstraße; close to the site of the Berlin Julius-Leber-Brücke station.
Viktoria-Luise-Platz is a hexagonal place on Motzstraße in Schöneberg, Berlin. It was laid out in 1900. It is named after Princess Viktoria Luise of Prussia 1892 - 1980, the daughter of Kaiser Wilhelm II of Germany, and Great-Grand daughter of Queen Victoria.
Nollendorfplatz (colloquially called Nolle or Nolli) is a square in the central Schöneberg district of Berlin, Germany.
Marienfelde refugee transit camp (German: Notaufnahmelager Marienfelde) was one of three camps operated by West Germany and West Berlin during the cold war for dealing with the great waves of immigration from East Germany, especially between 1950 and 1961. Refugees arriving in West Berlin were sent to the reception centre located in the Marienfelde district, where they received medical treatment, food, identification papers, and housing until they could be permanently re-settled in the West.
Rathaus Schöneberg is the city hall for the borough of Tempelhof-Schöneberg in Berlin. From 1949 until 1990 it served as the seat of the state senate of West Berlin and from 1949 until 1991 as the seat of the Governing Mayor.
John-F.-Kennedy-Platz (John F. Kennedy Square), formerly Rudolph-Wilde-Platz, in the Schöneberg section of Berlin is the square in front of the former city hall of West Berlin (Rathaus Schöneberg). It was here that US President John F. Kennedy gave his famous speech to the Berliners, in which he stated: "Ich bin ein Berliner". The square was renamed John-F.-Kennedy-Platz on 25 November 1963, three days after Kennedy's assassination, and a large plaque dedicated to Kennedy was mounted on a column at the entrance to the city hall.
Tauentzienstraße (colloquially: der Tauentzien) is a major shopping street in the City West area of Berlin, Germany. With a length of about 500 m (1,600 ft), it runs between two important squares, Wittenbergplatz in the east and Breitscheidplatz in the west, where it is continued by the Kurfürstendamm boulevard. While the eastern half belongs to the Schöneberg district, the western part (beyond Nürnberger Straße) is in Charlottenburg.
The Schwerbelastungskörper (German: "heavy load-bearing body"; a.k.a. Großbelastungskörper - GBK) is a hefty concrete cylinder located at the intersection of Dudenstraße, General-Pape-Straße, and Loewenhardtdamm in the northwestern part of the borough of Tempelhof in Berlin, Germany. It was built by Hitler's chief architect Albert Speer to determine the feasibility of constructing large buildings on the area's marshy, sandy ground. Erected between 1941 and 1942 it was meant to test the ground for a massive triumphal arch on a nearby plot. The arch, in the style of the Nazi architectural movement, was to be about three times as large as the Arc de Triomphe in Paris. It was one component of a plan to redesign the center of Berlin as an imposing, monumental capital reflecting the spirit of the Nazi Germany as envisioned by Hitler.The Schwerbelastungskörper was built by Dyckerhoff & Widmann AG in 1941 at a cost of 400,000 Reichsmark. At the fixed exchange rate of 4.2 RM per USD, 400,000 RM was worth $95,200, which is equivalent to $1,290,000 in 2019. It consists of a foundation with a diameter of 11 m (36 ft) that reaches 18.2 m (60 ft) into the ground and contains rooms which once housed instruments to measure ground subsidence caused by the weight of the cylinder, which was estimated as equivalent to the load calculated for one pillar of the intended arch. On this foundation a cylinder 14 m (46 ft) high and 21 m (69 ft) in diameter weighing 12,650 tonnes was erected at street level. The entire construction puts 1.24 MPa (180 psi) of pressure on an area of 100 m2 (1,100 sq ft). If it were to sink less than 6 cm (2.4 in), the soil would be deemed sound enough for further construction without additional stabilization. The cylinder itself was to be subsequently buried under an artificial hill upon which the triumphal arch was to be erected, enabling a panoramic view down a new wide north-south axis to a huge assembly hall to be constructed near, and dwarfing the Brandenburg Gate.Work on the new capital was soon discontinued because of World War II and measurements at the cylinder ceased in June 1944. An analysis of the meticulous measurements only took place in 1948, revealing that the cylinder had sunk some 19 cm (7.5 in) after two and a half years. The arch as conceived by Speer could only have been built after considerable prior stabilization of the ground.
Removal of the cylinder was considered after the war to create new building sites, but because of its mass as well as nearby train tracks and apartment buildings the structure could not be safely demolished with explosives. Measurements of the subsidence were resumed and continued until 1977 under the auspices of the Technical University of Berlin as part of a project to compile data about the city's geologic foundation. Since 1995 the monumental cylinder has been protected as a historic monument. It is open to the public for viewing and guided tours.
Bayerischer Platz is a Berlin U-Bahn station on the U 4 and the U 7 lines. The station is located under the square of the same name in the centre of the Bayerisches Viertel neighbourhood in Schöneberg. The U4 station opened with the rest of that line on 1 December 1910 and is now a protected historic landmark; the U7 part of the station opened on 29 January 1971.
Kleistpark is a Berlin U-Bahn station on the U 7 line. The station was designed by the architect Rümmler, opened in 1971 (1971), and is located near the head office of the Berliner Verkehrsbetriebe (Berlin Transport Company). The following station is Yorckstraße (with connections to S-Bahn lines S1, S2 and S25).
Friedrich-Wilhelm-Platz is a Berlin U-Bahn station located on the U 9. It opened for service in 1971.
The station was built adjacent to "Zum Guten Hirten" church (1893) on Friedrich-Wilhelm-Platz, which was named after Friedrich Wilhelm of Prussia, who became emperor under the name Friedrich III, and died after only 99 days' reign. In 1946 there was a proposal to rename the station to Engelsplatz, which was not carried out.
Alt-Tempelhof (Old Tempelhof) is a Berlin U-Bahn station on the U 6. It is located under Tempelhofer Damm in the centre of the former village of Tempelhof, now a Berlin district within the borough of Tempelhof-Schöneberg. The station opened on 28 February 1966.
Eisenacher Straße is a Berlin U-Bahn station located on the .
R.G. Rümmler constructed this station which was opened 1971.
The wall is covered with green asbestos cement panels. Since Eisenach is a city near the forest in Thuringia, which is called the green heart of Germany, Rümmler chose green as the color of this station. The next station is Kleistpark.
Arc de 124,5° is an outdoor sculpture by the French conceptual artist Bernar Venet, installed in Tempelhof-Schöneberg, Berlin, Germany.
Walther-Schreiber-Platz is a Berlin U-Bahn station located on the U 9.
Kaiserin-Augusta-Straße is a Berlin U-Bahn station located on the . Opened in 1966 by R. G. Rümmler, it has direct access to a department store.
Marienfelde is a locality in southwest Berlin, Germany, part of the Tempelhof-Schöneberg borough. The former village, incorporated according to the Greater Berlin Act of 1920, today is a mixed industrial and residential area.
Buckower Chaussee station is a station on the Berlin–Dresden railway in the locality of Marienfelde in the Berlin borough of Tempelhof-Schöneberg. It is served by Berlin S-Bahn line S2.