historic building in Sydney, Australia
Wikimedia Commons category: Durham Hall, Surry Hills
English Durham Hall, Surry Hills
Durham Hall is a heritage-listed former residence, Servicemens' Club, Concordia Club and Red Cross U.S.A and now commercial offices located at 207 Albion Street in the inner city Sydney suburb of Surry Hills in the City of Sydney local government area of New South Wales, Australia. It was built from 1834 to 1835. It is also known as Concordia Club, Booker T. Washington Club and Royal College of Pathologists of Australasia. The property is owned and occupied by the Royal College of Pathologists of Australasia. It was added to the New South Wales State Heritage Register on 2 April 1999.The Colonial Georgian brick residence was constructed for George Hill, a wealthy merchant. The house has had many owners and has had varied uses including a club. Over the years it was subjected to very unsympathetic alterations and additions. By the 1950s the building was almost unrecognisable. However, in 1983 major renovations were done to the house and many of the unsuitable additions were removed.
Source: Durham Hall, Surry Hills