Bradleys Head Fortification Complex
Wikimedia Commons category: Bradleys Head Fortification Complex
English Bradleys Head Fortification Complex
The Bradleys Head Fortification Complex is a heritage-listed former mast and defensive battery and military fortification and now war memorial and recreational area located at Bradleys Head Road within the Sydney Harbour National Park in Mosman in the Mosman Council local government area of New South Wales, Australia. It was designed by Government engineers and built from 1840 to 1934. It is also known as Bradleys Head Forts and HMAS Sydney 1 Mast and Associated Memorials. The property is owned by the NSW Office of Environment and Heritage, an agency of the Government of New South Wales. It was added to the New South Wales State Heritage Register on 30 August 2010.The small fort is located on the northern side of Sydney Harbour, just south of Taronga Park Zoo, and the fortification formed part of a total defence system for Sydney Harbour and recalls a period when the colony of New South Wales became increasingly aware of its isolation and wealth.