ASN Co building
Wikimedia Commons category: ASN Co Building
English ASN Co building
The ASN Co building is a heritage-listed building located at 1-5 Hickson Road, The Rocks, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. Completed in 1885 and built in the Pre-Federation Anglo Dutch style under the direction of William Wardell and his associate, Walter Liberty Vernon, the building served as the principal offices and warehouse for the Australasian Steam Navigation Company until the company's merger in 1887, when the Government of New South Wales acquired the land used for ordinance facilities and later as government administration offices. Since 1989 the building has been owned by the Sydney Cove Redevelopment Authority and its successors. The building is currently used as an art gallery to display the works of Ken Done.
The building is owned by the Sydney Harbour Foreshore Authority, an agency of the Government of New South Wales; and was added to the New South Wales State Heritage Register on 10 May 2002, and is listed on the (now defunct) Register of the National Estate and on the non-statutory National Trust of Australia heritage register.
Source: ASN Co building