Viktoriapark

File:Viktoriapark B-Kreuzberg 06-2017 img1.jpg

park

Park

Wikimedia Commons
Wikimedia Commons category: Viktoriapark

Geographical coordinates: 52.488888888 13.380555555

Wikipedia

English Viktoriapark

The Viktoriapark (aka Victoriapark) is an urban park in the locality of Kreuzberg in Berlin, Germany. It opened in 1894.

It is situated on the Tempelhofer Berge range, forming the northern slope of the ground moraine Teltow Plateau, overlooking the glacial valley with Berlin's city centre. The major landmark of the park is a cast iron monument of 1815 dedicated by King Frederick William III of Prussia to the liberation wars (Befreiungskriege) fought at the end of the War of the Sixth coalition against France in the course of the Napoleonic Wars. It provides an excellent viewpoint over much of the central and southern portions of the city. In summer an artificial waterfall originates at the foot of the monument and continues down the hillside to the intersection of Großbeerenstraße and Kreuzbergstraße.

A historic wine-growing area, today the park is neighbouring two small vineyards, one in the northeast founded in 1968 and owned by the Senate of Berlin and cultivated by the adjacent market garden, the other one established in summer 2006 within the Victoria Quarter on the southern slope of the Kreuzberg hill. However, only the old vineyard provides for the local "Kreuz-Neroberger" wine, gained from vines donated by Kreuzberg's twin towns Wiesbaden (1968) and Ingelheim am Rhein (1975), as well by the Bergstraße county (1971 and 1973) and from Bad Bergzabern (1985). About 600 bottles are pressed each year.

Source: Viktoriapark

German Viktoriapark

Der Viktoriapark ist eine Grünanlage von 12,8 Hektar Fläche auf dem Kreuzberg, der höchsten natürlichen Erhebung der Berliner Innenstadt. Er liegt im Ortsteil Kreuzberg des Bezirks Friedrichshain-Kreuzberg.

Source: Viktoriapark

French Parc Victoria (Berlin)

Le parc Victoria (Viktoriapark en allemand) est un espace vert de 12,8 hectares ouvert en 1894 dans le quartier de Kreuzberg dans l'arrondissement de Friedrichshain-Kreuzberg à Berlin en Allemagne.

Le parc est située sur la colline de Kreuzberg, point culminant de la ville intérieure avec 66 m d'élévation. La colline fait partie des monts de Tempelhof, alias « Tempelhofer Berge », sur la face nord de la moraine de fond du plateau de Teltow. Le monument principal a été érigé en 1821 au sommet de la colline par le roi Frédéric-Guillaume III de Prusse en hommage aux campagnes de libération ménées par la sixième Coalition contre les troupes napoléoniennes.

Le sommet de la colline est un excellent point de vue sur les environs du centre-sud de Berlin. En été, une cascade artificielle coule des pieds du monument sur le flanc de la colline jusqu'à une mare en contrebas proche de l'intersection de la Großbeerenstraße et la Kreuzbergstraße. Depuis 1896 se tient un autre monument remarquable sur les rives de la mare sculpté par Ernst Herter : intitulé Der seltene Fang alias « la prise rare », la sculpture représente un pêcheur qui a pris dans ses filets une nixe, une créature féminine aquatique.

Le parc a été conçu par l'architecte Hermann Mächtig.

Portail des espaces verts Portail de Berlin

Source: Parc Victoria (Berlin)

Italian Viktoriapark

Il Viktoriapark è un parco di Berlino, nel quartiere di Kreuzberg.

Source: Viktoriapark

Wikivoyage

English Viktoriapark

With the Kreuzberg, a hill in Kreuzberg 61, the Prussian National Monument by Schinkel and a waterfall. Superb panoramic views across south Berlin.

SourceBerlin/East Central (en.wikivoyage.org)

Places located in Viktoriapark

Prussian National Monument for the Liberation Wars

The Prussian National Monument for the Liberation Wars (German: Preußisches Nationaldenkmal für die Befreiungskriege) is a war memorial in Berlin, Germany, dedicated in 1821. Built by the Prussian king during the sectionalism before the Unification of Germany it is the principal German monument to the Prussian soldiers and other citizens who died in or else dedicated their health and wealth for the Liberation Wars (Befreiungskriege) fought at the end of the Wars of the Sixth and in that of the Seventh Coalition against France in the course of the Napoleonic Wars. Frederick William III of Prussia initiated its construction and commissioned the Prussian Karl Friedrich Schinkel who made it an important piece of art in cast iron, his last piece of Romantic Neo-Gothic architecture and an expression of the post-Napoleonic poverty and material sobriety in the liberated countries.The monument is located on the Kreuzberg hill in the Victoria Park in the Tempelhofer Vorstadt, a region within Berlin's borough of Friedrichshain-Kreuzberg. The monument was conceived at a time of deteriorating relations between the reactionaries and the reformers of the civic movement within Prussia. The monument is of cast iron, a technique en vogue at the time. Its younger socket brick building is faced with grey Silesian granite and was designed by the Prussian architect Heinrich Strack and realised by the Prussian engineer Johann Wilhelm Schwedler. Its centerpiece is a tapering turret of 60 Prussian feet (18.83 m (61.8 ft)), resembling the spire tops of Gothic churches.

Kreuzberg

The Kreuzberg (German for Cross Mountain) is a hill in the Kreuzberg locality of Berlin, Germany, in former West Berlin. It rises about 66 m (217 ft) above the sea level. It was named by King Frederick William III of Prussia after the Iron Cross which crowns the top of the Prussian National Monument for the Liberation Wars, designed by Karl Friedrich Schinkel, on its inauguration on 30 March 1821. On 27 September 1921 the borough assembly of the VIth borough of Berlin decided to name the borough after the hill. The borough was subsequently downgraded to a locality in 2001.

Loading...
eo Viktorioparkofr Viktoriapark Berlinhe פארק ויקטוריהja ヴィクトリア公園
Image source:
Wikimedia Commons FAL by A.Savin (Wikimedia Commons · WikiPhotoSpace)